• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

2knees

Brady to one of his plethora of receivers will burn Smith a few times Sunday afternoon would be my guess now. Gotta love the 'ol bulletin board material!

I cant imagine the veterans are too happy with him right now. He even brought up the '04 game where the steelers snapped the patriots 18 game winning streak. newsflash for mr. smith. You weren't even on that team.

jack97

I cant imagine the veterans are too happy with him right now. He even brought up the '04 game where the steelers snapped the patriots 18 game winning streak. newsflash for mr. smith. You weren't even on that team.

Just read an article where he said that the Pats receiving corp is not as good as the Bengals. Since the Steelers kept them in check last week, they should have not problem with Moss, Walker and Stallworth.Polamalu sat out Thur practice, even if he starts Sun, that knee must be bothering him. I don't see how he can be all over the field and help out in the middle. This second stringer FS is in line to get Mossed.

2knees

Just read an article where he said that the Pats receiving corp is not as good as the Bengals. Since the Steelers kept them in check last week, they should have not problem with Moss, Walker and Stallworth.Polamalu sat out Thur practice, even if he starts Sun, that knee must be bothering him. I don't see how he can be all over the field and help out in the middle. This second stringer FS is in line to get Mossed.

Just for arguement sake, i'll almost agree with him on that. Moss is better then Ocho cinco. I'd take Houshyourmama over Welker and if you throw out the legal/sanity issues i would take Henry over Stallworth. Problem is, i'd take the guy throwing the ball to those players all day before palmer. And i would take the pats o-line and offensive play calling.

jack97

Just for arguement sake, i'll almost agree with him on that. Moss is better then Ocho cinco. I'd take Houshyourmama over Welker and if you throw out the legal/sanity issues i would take Henry over Stallworth. Problem is, i'd take the guy throwing the ball to those players all day before palmer. And i would take the pats o-line and offensive play calling.

Only saw bits and pieces of the Bengal/Steelers game. Something doesn't look right with Palmer; seems like he was off target or throwing to spots where there was no receivers. Not sure what the problem is; the thrower or the catchers.

I'll take Welker over Housyomama just b/c of quickness and hands. Stallworth just has the dropsy, Henry is better.

PA Ridge Racer

Big time performance today by the Pats. The defense played the best they have since the Bills game. Just a huge win...I'm pumped. Oh and Dr. Jeff, can you clear something up for us? The announcers weren't sure if the crowd was chanting "MVP" or "Guarantee". I think it was the latter.

Zand

Gillette's installing a basketball scoreboard in an attempt to be able to fit the Pats score on the board next week when they run up the score against the Jets.

jack97

The defense played the best they have since the Bills game. Just a huge win...I'm pumped.

Harrison came thru big time, that goal line stand was huge... he defended the fade and then the next play; Ward in motion into a running play, Rodney sniffs it out and just stuffs it.

On the other side, they torch Smith on two big plays. The fact that he bit hard on the fakes made him look like a second stringer. Even Belicheck said they have played against better safetys.... he rarely calls out opposing players like that.

2knees

i almost fell out of my chair when i saw the end around on 4th and goal. dumbest play call i've seen tomlin or arians make all year. Ummmmm, Mike, you have this guy named Najeh Davenport.

I was not happy with the final score and the defense but i did like the way the steelers were able to move the ball. I guess if there is any silver lining in this one at all, that would be it for the steelers. Patriots do look very suspect against the run. However, this is not an ordinary team in the sense that not stopping the run is a serious detriment. I dont think it'll matter in the end.

jack97

i almost fell out of my chair when i saw the end around on 4th and goal. dumbest play call i've seen tomlin or arians make all year. Ummmmm, Mike, you have this guy named Najeh Davenport.

Actually... I can understand that one. In the first half, Pats D line was getting penetration or holding their gaps. So I can understand using a little misdirection. IIRC they used that with sucess in the playoff /SB game.

2knees

Actually... I can understand that one. In the first half, Pats D line was getting penetration or holding their gaps. So I can understand using a little misdirection. IIRC they used that with sucess in the playoff /SB game.

I guess i just disagree. Running 10 yards sideways to go one yard forward when you have a 250lb running back who excels in those situations just doesnt add up to me. I didnt see the pats stopping too many runs either. parker had about 80 yards in the first half himself. I thought they were pushing the patriots around, quite honestly.

jack97

Parker had a feast or famine day. He had two plays where he got 9 and 30 yards, that skew his first half stat. The second half stats where the steeler chewed up alot of rushing yardage, the pats didn't want to give up long passes so they pulled the safeties back and let them eat the time off the clock.

I don't disagree that the pats D is soft in the middle, been saying that all season, they have been compensating this weakness by bringing Harrison closer in to run blitz. Maybe Mike thought that putting Hines in motion would have put the safety off the position.

2knees

true about parker. At the end of the day he can put up some numbers but they usually include a bunch of runs for little to no gain.

I guess i can sit here and complain about that play all day long but the bottom line was the steelers had absolutely no chance at stopping brady once he got rolling. It looked so easy for them in the 2nd half it was ridiculous.

jack97

IIRC, that play almost worked. The OLB and cornerback got sealed off. Harison reconized the formation and play. He stayed with Ward stride for stride and stuffed him in the lane where it should have been open. IMO Harrsion made a great play.

drjeff

Funniest thing at the game yesterday had to be one of the planes that circles the parking lots towing a banner during the pre-game tailgating. I'm guessing a Steeler's fan wrote a big check for this one. The banner read "Bonds 766* Belicheck 3 Superbowls*" Had us chuckling in our pregame beers for the 2 odd hours it was flying overhead :beer:

Next week, I bet Brady throws for 5 if not 6 TD's and close to 500 yards. It also wouldn't suprise me if one time Brady's throws one away in the form of his "fastball" right at Mangini :eek:

My favorite Brady line from his WEEI interview this AM on the Dennis and Callahan show when asked if he was dissapointed about Moss not catching the pass late in the 4th in the back of the endzone, to paraphrase: I'm actually happy he didn't catch it, that was just about as hard as I can throw a ball and its still good to know that the best receiver in the game CAN't handle my fastball! ;)

FRITOLAYGUY

Funniest thing at the game yesterday had to be one of the planes that circles the parking lots towing a banner during the pre-game tailgating. I'm guessing a Steeler's fan wrote a big check for this one. The banner read "Bonds 766* Belicheck 3 Superbowls*" Had us chuckling in our pregame beers for the 2 odd hours it was flying overhead :beer:

Next week, I bet Brady throws for 5 if not 6 TD's and close to 500 yards. It also wouldn't suprise me if one time Brady's throws one away in the form of his "fastball" right at Mangini :eek:

My favorite Brady line from his WEEI interview this AM on the Dennis and Callahan show when asked if he was dissapointed about Moss not catching the pass late in the 4th in the back of the endzone, to paraphrase: I'm actually happy he didn't catch it, that was just about as hard as I can throw a ball and its still good to know that the best receiver in the game CAN't handle my fastball! ;)

And that was a fastball indeed, besides Elway, Favre, and i guess Marino i dont know of many Qb's that can chuck a ball that hard.

drjeff

This pending Nor'easter on Sunday could really make things fun

BTW, in the left picture, I'm the guy that's in the 1st row 2nd from the left in the blue coat :) That was from the famous "snowball" game against Miami in 2004

Last edited:

2knees

i think the steelers are really done now. Parkers injury and the sudden collapse of their defense reeks of a one and done in the playoffs. They still could miss entirely but i doubt that will happen.