• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

4th of July weekend plans?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll take over on a GSS type post.

What's everyone's plans for the holiday weekend?

Tomorrow: kid-free overnight! Woohoo!! I believe an easier MTB ride is on the table with plans to be determined for later in the day

Saturday: run in the morning, possible picnic in the afternoon

Sunday: TBD

Warp Daddy

Getting psyched for 4 days of some really cool parties: My waistline is gonna take a serious hit

Tonite a chicken BBQ for a friends BIG 50 tonite ,

Tomorrow nice 4th of July dinner party at a nice old Civil war era mansion in town on the river with friends from across the Northeast who summer here. Watch fireworks etc

Saturday an amazing party for a 50th Anniversary -- the couple's children rented a Castle on one of the 1000 Islands and are hosting a soiree for 150 people with fine dining and dancing

Then next saturday a party with several colleagues i worked with at one of their summer homes

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tonight...up to Maine to cheer my best friend whose wife had to go home to Florida for the summer to seek treatment on some issues

4th.....relax, imbibe, sleep

5th.....relax, imbibe, sleep

6th.....relax, imbibe, sleep

dmc

4th - Jam with the band on the bay in Massapequa NY...
5th - hang out on the beach in Long Beach NY - then home for a possible show in Woodstock.
6th - chill...

bigbog

Portion of July4th plans happenned Tues-Wed!....;-)

Friend & her 8yo son and I spent couple days seeing Acadia...Cadillac Mtn...a little hiking, biking, and a little paddling. Had to do a little prematurely, her relatives showing up down in Salem(MA) for the 4th & weekend...brought some big laughs talkin' about..;-)
Next three days...woodlands sightseeing with mixture of hiking/paddling...starting tomorrow morning. Making/packing sandwiches & burgers today.
Wish I could've upgraded cameras, but will try to get the best out of the A520 PS..;-)

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Fourth and weekend.
SteveD

SkiDork

The usual - take the boat to Zachs and watch the Jones Beach 4th fireworks from there. Hopefuly the weather will cooperate.

krisskis

4th - Jam with the band on the bay in Massapequa NY...
5th - hang out on the beach in Long Beach NY - then home for a possible show in Woodstock.
6th - chill...

Hey DMC...where in Massapequa are you going to be? I am 2 towns away although i wont be here :-(

Im ditching the family on the 4th and going to the Fire Island Pines and Cherry Grove with my gay boys. Its not going to be a day/night of moderation.

The 5th and 6th, I'm working :-(

mondeo

Tonight, rest after I ramped up my biking a bit too much yesterday.

Tomorrow, bike ride in the morning, BBQ afternoon.

Sat-Sun, who knows. Probably catch up on some work, ride the bike, maybe get started on my Master's (pseudo)thesis.

Overall, nothing too crazy, no puking or blacking out planned. Probably better chance of a bike-induced puke than alcohol-induced.

wa-loaf

Heading down to the beach in RI where the in-laws have a house.

thaller1

family pancake breakfast in Portland ( nice people, blueberry pancakes)
afternoon I'll barbecue a nice steak and all the sides for my Great Uncles in Kennebunk - 87 and 93 years old! :)

Sat - meet w/ the Sunday River crew in Bethel for a pre-fireworks barbecue and fireworks..
Sunday - cook dinner for my Dad's birthday - love that man! :)
T

BeanoNYC

Driving home from Florida. Hopefully will be safe and sound from the drunk drivers in Virginia somewhere by sundown.