• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wild Stallions

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Have you guys received your pre-orders yet? The latest Meathead Films movie Wild Stallions was available for purchase at the Rail Jam and Movie Premiere at Suburban Sports on Saturday. Check the Bonus features for the Ski Sundown S7 footage. It's short but at the end, not only do you see Greg, o3jeff, myself, and possibly other AZers but there's also a thank you to "Alpine Zone crew for Connecticut Mogul Stoke!"

:D :D :D

campgottagopee

Have you guys received your pre-orders yet? The latest Meathead Films movie Wild Stallions was available for purchase at the Rail Jam and Movie Premiere at Suburban Sports on Saturday. Check the Bonus features for the Ski Sundown S7 footage. It's short but at the end, not only do you see Greg, o3jeff, myself, and possibly other AZers but there's also a thank you to "Alpine Zone crew for Connecticut Mogul Stoke!"

:D :D :D

That's cool----good for you guys

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I should add that the AZers in the footage are just in the background cheering/hanging around. But the credit to AZ is pretty cool!

The film itself is pretty good. About half park/urban but the backcountry stuff is sweet!

powhunter

I was there today watching it for a while while Pete was busy with a customer....The Sundown clips were pretty cool!!! Some of the big air comp..and Couple of Hammers runs

steveo

ERJ-145CA

I think it was supposed to ship Friday so hopefully it will come tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm eagerly anticipating it, been watching the older ones a lot the last few weeks.

Greg

Staff member
That is very cool. Nice to be recognized like that.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Does Suburban have the videos to sell?

I don't know. We bought ours directly from Rooster of the Meatheads. I know he was waiting for his pre-order to arrive in the mail when I last spoke with him, but maybe they picked up some stock on Saturday?

skidmarks

Rooster gave me a copy to show at the shop. My personal pre-order hasn't shown up yet.
I do plan on having some for sale at the store once they become available. I have a few of the Movie's songs stuck in my head. So far I like the "Retro Bump Day" scene the best. The bumps look nice and soft
but not seeded.

MeatheadMania_019.jpg

Last edited:

Glenn

Very cool that there was mention of the site and clips of Sundown.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Rooster gave me a copy to show at the shop. My personal pre-order hasn't shown up yet.
I do plan on having some for sale at the store once they become available. I have a few of the Movie's songs stuck in my head. So far I like the "Retro Bump Day" scene the best. The bumps look nice and soft
but not seeded.
I think Greg will love that bumps scene! The Hammer says "radical" in it! ;) :daffy:

ERJ-145CA

My copy came today, so far I watched the main movie, I haven't watched the bonus stuff yet. It's a good movie, good powder and tree skiing at Stowe on Halloween last year, at Jay, Tug Hill region of NY and Michigan's upper peninsula. About the same amount of park as Head for the Hills and a bit more urban.

The urban is getting a little boring to me. Even though I don't hit the features in terrain parks (I do like to ski in terrain parks, just not take huge jumps) I always like watching their park footage. It's cool to see Blue Mountain and seeing trails and features that I'm familiar with. All in all another good movie from Meathead Films.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
IIRC, Rooster mentioned at the screening that the ratio of park/powder had to do with quality (lack thereof) of snow available when they were filming last season. But don't quote me on that--I have no insider knowledge.

I kind of like the urban stuff. I don't mean the rails as much as taking what you have and making the best of it. "Head for the Hills" had a cool sequence in a playground and the dude explained how urban skiing gives you a chance to get out on skis without investing a lot of money. I like that reasoning. And it takes skills. It's NOT easy. Just because it's not someone's "cup of tea" doesn't mean it should be completely discounted--we're all doing what we can to enjoy our time on the snow.

skidmarks

Got Mine

Came Home to "Wild Stallions" and the Tour Shirt which was very cool.

I like the Movie. Haven't watched it end to end to end yet but what I've seen so far is great.

I'm as Old School as it gets and I still love to watch the Urban stuff too. The Meatheads mix it up enough to keep it fun. I may like Wanderland better but I'll let you know.

bvibert

Staff member
I like watching the urban stuff. They can get really creative with what they do and use. I'd just rather see more powder and trees.

Puck it

I just watched it this morning. It seems like more urban stuff than skiing. It was good though. I still have to wonder why the do not do a segment at Whiteface or Gore. Permission from the ORDA may be a problem. I am thinking that I need to go to the Chic Chocs and go Cat skiing. I have watched the extras yet.

Philpug

I had a few friends over last night and watched it. Good flick, funny to see the brown of Pa in the JF and Blue scenes.