• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day After Cures...

bvibert

Staff member
Bacon and eggs. Grease from bacon seems to help. Egg yolks contain cysteine, which apparently helps with the affects of hangovers

Today is my turn to be hung over. Just cooked up some bacon. I was disappointed to find no good eggs in the fridge though.. :(

bvibert

Staff member
My kids were messing with the temperature settings on the fridge and froze a bunch of the contents, including the eggs...

MommaBear

Sleep would have been nice... who's taking the kids next time so I can? ;)

I pretty much eliminated the hangover activities after one midweek, end of tax season, celebration party that my husband told me to "Just go! Don't worry about the kids. Enjoy the party!" After partying hard and getting in late, I was awakend very early the next morning by a 3 year-old poking me in the face telling me he and his brother were hungry. Duh, it was a weekday and my husband had left for work. :-o Sick as a dog, I had to fend for the two of them. Thoughts of that day have pretty much kept me in control since.

But what I USED to do to settle my stomach was a Friendly's Big Beef cheeseburger and chocolate shake.

Edd

Hash brown and a fountain Coca-cola from McD's works. Trust me.

Carne Asada burrito from Locos Cocos Tacos in Kittery is worth a try and just a good idea in general.

wa-loaf

Third that.

How can people eat bacon hung over? One time I had to drive home hung over and when I drove by burgerking and got a whiff of bacon I almost threw up all over myself.

Grease coats the stomach settles things down.

I find time is key in helping me get over a hangover ...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Third that.

How can people eat bacon hung over? One time I had to drive home hung over and when I drove by burgerking and got a whiff of bacon I almost threw up all over myself.
I'm not proud of this, but the same thing happened to me...except I lost :puke:

drjeff

Fluid replacement 1st - I usually start with a sports drink (and if I had. Something still resembling coherence before I went to bed the night before I would have already put down most of a bottle of powerade/Gatorade then). Then once I've "improved" from a state where I feel like I might :puke: at any moment upto a state of just feeling like crap, then I know that I need to keep pushing the fluids and find something greasy to eat (a burger, burrito, bacon, etc) and for me the fluids + grease usually has me feeling human again

Thy being said, the previously mentioned "hair of the dog" got me through many a weekend in college - but now 20 years later, i'm just not sure my body could survive back to back "bad" nights anymore :rolleyes:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Third that.

:???:

really?

Bacon is the one food I can pretty much stomach anywhere, anytime.

Mildcat

:???:

really?

Bacon is the one food I can pretty much stomach anywhere, anytime.

Don't get me wrong, bacon is my third favorite food group behind Beer and Steak! But as much as I love bacon, if my stomach says,"NO MAS" then I have to listen to it. :puke:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I don't know what the deal was, but I felt queasy all day today (yesterday now?), too. 5 pints of a beer and a shot of tequila should NOT have that affect, so maybe I have some sort of stomach bug? It was really sad all the great food I missed out on in NYC... though I forced down an order of Pommes Frites because I HAD to have them.

An old friend's cure was to get an order of fries from Burger King *before* going home for the night. Preventative measures seem to be much more helpful. :D In any case, no more shots of tequila!