• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Canadian bacon vs regular bacon

tarponhead

Just wondering for chuckles.

My garden is puking tomatoes, eating them everyday.

Hot day today, so no cooking. Cannot locate regular bacon for my BLT, but find canadian bacon in the freezer = all sytems go for (modified) BLT.

Sandwich is good. Not as good as using regular bacon but good none the less.

Soooo... just wondering, is Canadian bacon "better" for you then regular bacon? (Please note the quotation marks around "better" ).

Again, just wonderin......

mlctvt

Just wondering for chuckles.

My garden is puking tomatoes, eating them everyday.

Hot day today, so no cooking. Cannot locate regular bacon for my BLT, but find canadian bacon in the freezer = all sytems go for (modified) BLT.

Sandwich is good. Not as good as using regular bacon but good none the less.

Soooo... just wondering, is Canadian bacon "better" for you then regular bacon? (Please note the quotation marks around "better" ).

Again, just wonderin......

My wife the nutritionist says says Canadian bacon is much better for you than regular baconsince it has much less fat. It's more like ham than American bacon.

Geoff

Just say(using your best Bob and Doug McKenzie Canadian Accent "Ehh, it's a BLT, Ehh!" and you're good! :) :lol:

dirt-bike-dave-albums-hanson-picture36913-i-hansons-hi.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
When I lived in StJ, the local pizza shop offered canadian bacon for their bacon pizza topping. I actually thought it was amongst the best bacon pizzas I have ever sampled.

snoseek

Regular bacon=belly

Canadian bacon i think is loin.

I like the former.

Poached eggs over somed salmon with dark rye is my way of avoiding benedict

Glenn

I used to like Canadian bacon with eggs and hashbrowns for those 2AM runs to the diner in college.

jaywbigred

Both are excellent. Regular bacon is obviously the champion, but Canadian bacon is an excellent change of pace, and much, much healthier. After my Dad had his heart attack, I remember feeling relieved that it was on the list of OK foods for us to have in the house. It's way better than turkey bacon, imo. It's also usually cut in a round shape that makes it perfect for make-your-own breakfast sandwiches.

drjeff

Are you kidding me? for real? You gotta try one..

2nd that! It's just one of those combos that works really well! And if you hit the tomatoes this time of year when they're fresh out of the garden, Mmmmmm!

dmc

2nd that! It's just one of those combos that works really well! And if you hit the tomatoes this time of year when they're fresh out of the garden, Mmmmmm!

I like a BLT with avocado slices.. mmmmmmmmmmmmm....