• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huh...

bvibert

Staff member
Just had a hankering to go for a nice warm MTB ride. That doesn't happen too often in the winter. Too bad I have no time, or a working bicycle...

Oh well, back to fantasizing about powder runs... :spread:

WoodCore

Almost time to start thinking about getting that whip operational again. Riding season will be here before you know it!

bvibert

Staff member
Almost time to start thinking about getting that whip operational again. Riding season will be here before you know it!

Yeah, already thinking about it. Although I think riding season may not start until June by the time all this snow melts and the resulting mud dries out...

WoodCore

You've got a point there! Might be relegated to some rail trails or the road to get the legs ready for the single track when it dries up in June!

MR. evil

Just had a hankering to go for a nice warm MTB ride. That doesn't happen too often in the winter. Too bad I have no time, or a working bicycle...

Oh well, back to fantasizing about powder runs... :spread:

What happened to your bike, did you break the HT frame also?

bvibert

Staff member
What happened to your bike, did you break the HT frame also?

I found what I think is a hair line crack in the frame, need to bring it to the bike shop to see if that's what it is... and get a warranty frame if so. Also currently without a functioning rear wheel... Aside from that everything is peachy.

MR. evil

I found what I think is a hair line crack in the frame, need to bring it to the bike shop to see if that's what it is... and get a warranty frame if so. Also currently without a functioning rear wheel... Aside from that everything is peachy.

Bummer!

Is the rear wheel still under warranty?

I am just waiting for some drive train parts I bought off of ScrubLover and my new HT will be ready to roll. Also need to install the heavier spring I just got for the fork.

BackLoafRiver

Funny this thread popped up....I had the exact feeling yesterday. It could be all the warm weather. (It was nearly 40 and gorgeous out)

I love ski season with all my heart but for some reason, I really felt like riding.

I did get a chance to watch a documentary this past week:

http://www.ridethedividemovie.com/

It might be what triggered the urge also.

MR. evil

Sent inquiries, but herd nothing back. Guess I'm done with Azonic...

That's pretty weak!

I am pretty happy with my Hope Pro2 Hubs. Just not sure if they could stand up to your size / power.

powbmps

I almost hate to admit it, but I'm looking forward to getting out on the bike. Got a chain guide, some new tires and a trued rear wheel. Can't wait to try a few things with the GoPro and post up more POV suckage. Huzzah!

Greg

Staff member
I mentioned to Brian a few weeks ago, I had a strange MTB urge. Been way too long for me. Looking forward to getting back out this year.

deadheadskier

Staff member
keep it up guys. hope your MTB dreams aren't realized until July. figure this has got to piss ma nature off some to keep on delivering the white stuff.

Greg

Staff member
keep it up guys. hope your MTB dreams aren't realized until July. figure this has got to piss ma nature off some to keep on delivering the white stuff.

MTB season is going to take a while to get going this spring with all the snow pack. There's probably 6" or more of liquid equivalent in there. We're going to actually have a mud season down here this year.

mlctvt

I guess it's like the ski urge you get in August.

My wife and I were just talking about riding the other day. In the next few weeks I've got to start tune-ups , new tires etc, and install the new carbon fork on the tandem.

I love it when you can ride and ski on the same day or weekend in late March and April

Grassi21

Had a similar urge.... but for lax. My club team starts playing on march 6, the hs season starts march21... and i am considering going out to vail for a club tourny in late june. sucks my first visit to CO might be to play lax.

paging 2knees for his obligatory lax bashing. :)

bvibert

Staff member
Had a similar urge.... but for lax. My club team starts playing on march 6, the hs season starts march21... and i am considering going out to vail for a club tourny in late june. sucks my first visit to CO might be to play lax.

paging 2knees for his obligatory lax bashing. :)

You gonna get out on your bike for some sick Friendly's jibbing this year??

Grassi21

You gonna get out on your bike for some sick Friendly's jibbing this year??

You know it! That and lots of rail trail riding with the family. Thinking about putting slicks on my HT. ;-)