• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Conceptual Development Plan (2011-2016)

gregnye

Curious what the capacity of the water park is? Does it "sell out" on weekends?

I am curious too. One reviewer on Yelp wrote that they should set a limit on how many tickets they sell (they thought it was too crowded on a 3 day weekend).

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Any-one-time limit is +/- 900. We definitely had days where we were busier than we thought/expected/planned for. Part of what we'll be integrating this year is a buy-before-you-drive caveat across certain weekends where, if you aren't lodging with us or in the region, there are only a certain amount of walk-up tickets available. We should have figured this out last season to be honest--not sure how I missed that one.

gregnye

Any-one-time limit is +/- 900. We definitely had days where we were busier than we thought/expected/planned for. Part of what we'll be integrating this year is a buy-before-you-drive caveat across certain weekends where, if you aren't lodging with us or in the region, there are only a certain amount of walk-up tickets available. We should have figured this out last season to be honest--not sure how I missed that one.

Thanks! Good to see that you guys are trying to make the experience fun for everyone! I may kinda miss the old Jay atmosphere a little, but I think "Baby Steps" as you guys try to build the skier base before the West Bowl. Keep it up!

Mpdsnowman

For those who have not seen the waterpark here you go lol

419798_1952503870186_2053506915_n.jpg

They are including the water park in all their group packages. I like that part. Most who went with us last year enjoyed it and felt I should add it to the package anyways. It was crowded .but it was new.....I think you will see the crowds level out as time goes on....

There is a free hot tub there. One issue we ran into was unmonitored kids in that hot tub.

JPTracker

Three new Act 250 permits for Jay are now on line:
1) Permit for the Sky Haus Sewer Line - The sewer line will run up Vermonter to the Sky Haus. Looks like Jay is serious about renovating the Sky Haus. This will enable them to put in a real restaurant and functioning bathrooms. The only thing that puzzles me is that there is no real water line to the summit. The water line is above ground and in the winter the bring up water on the tram. Will this limit their operation up there in the winter?

2) Permit for the Mountain Learning Center. Nothing new here.

3) Permit for the new Taxi Lift to replace the t-bar. Looks like it will take out most of the woods just below Taxi after Can Am.

Taxi_Lift.JPG

Three new Act 250 permits for Jay are now on line:
1) Permit for the Sky Haus Sewer Line - The sewer line will run up Vermonter to the Sky Haus. Looks like Jay is serious about renovating the Sky Haus. This will enable them to put in a real restaurant and functioning bathrooms. The only thing that puzzles me is that there is no real water line to the summit. The water line is above ground and in the winter the bring up water on the tram. Will this limit their operation up there in the winter?

I would assume that the sewer line will run by the existing snowmaking pipes on Vermonter. If people drink enough beer they won't need much drinking water up top! Or maybe they will melt snow...

3) Permit for the new Taxi Lift to replace the t-bar. Looks like it will take out most of the woods just below Taxi after Can Am.

Good find, JPT.

Wow, there goes my favourite pre-lunch cruise down to to Stateside, The Boulevard. Well, at least there will be some towers to ski around. Notice that the chair exit is at the Taxi/Lower Goat intersection, which can be a bit of a cluster-%&$# on busy days. Beginners getting off the chair will certainly do nothing to help that situation. I guess the good news is that the rarely-skied easy runs like Lower Sweetheart and Kangaroo, which used to be served by the original t-bar, will see some use.

What happened to the idea that this new lift was going to serve the 720 park area?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
FYI take a look at the sticky in the skiing forum, Steve from Jay Peak is participating in the challenge this year so we can get the answers to any questions about this expansion right from the source

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bdfreetuna

Personally I don't mind if they make changes state side. I never found the UN and those trails over there very interesting anyway. Timbucktu is fun if there's fresh snow but that's the only reason I head over there.

The new terrain on the other side with the 3 pods or whatever they are calling it looks potentially interesting. How steep is it over there? Are we looking at access to any interesting new chutes or are these going to be blue square glades?

What's going on with Green Beret? That's a classic run IMO and should be left the way it is for eternity. The only change to this trail should be more snow guns or whatever it takes to open it up more often.

As long as the Ridge and Face / Tuck Chutes remain I'll still go to Jay.

I hadn't heard of this expansion until now, when I saw this thread I kinda hoped they were gonna open up terrain on the back of the main peak =)

JPTracker

Construction of the parking deck has started.

Construction of the new lift is also well under way. Footings poured and towers & bull wheels in parking lot.

Construction of the Mountain Learning center is also started.

Sewer Line to summit also started.

Busy time at Jay right now.

fbrissette

Construction of the parking deck has started.

Construction of the new lift is also well under way. Footings poured and towers & bull wheels in parking lot.

Construction of the Mountain Learning center is also started.

Sewer Line to summit also started.

Busy time at Jay right now.

And you are forgetting the 'gazillion' new rental units along the golf course and just below the village condos. Have no idea on how they are going to fill those up during the winter. They also cut lots of trees along the entrance on 242. No clue why.

JPTracker

Also don't forget they gutted the Tram House to build a new restaurant and the first floor of the Autria Haus is gutted to become a lot larger Mini Mart.

Also noticed the trees cut down by the entrance. No idea what for. Can anyone enlighten us?

gregnye

And the Taxi Quad opens today!!!! :smile:

(they should have named it something better than just "taxi quad" though--of all places, the Jay Peak management always has the best humor! Why couldn't they think of a more original name for it?)

jay peak taxi quad.jpg