• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$200 to cut the line at K...

Highway Star

Already got mine. Feel sorry for all you plebeians.............not.

dlague

Exactly.

The real issue here (though nobody will apparently admit it) is that the people whining about it don't want to pony-up the $200 per year, which is a ludicrously small expense spread out over the course of an entire ski season given how expensive in general this sport is.

I dont view this as much more than an "enhanced season pass", but as I've said before when this subject comes up, I'm not sure the ancillary revenue benefits to the mountain will outweigh the potential negatives.

I bet most people complaining are not Killington Season Pass holders. I get that point, if the case. There is no option for a person who is paying full fair ($94? which is a lot) to even upgrade to that status. I maintain that people there skiing on a voucher of some sort should not be able to upgrade but those paying full fair should be able to pay an extra $20 or so. I would never ski there for full fair so it would never be an option for me!

Highway Star

08b5ec6dc4497f0e9153ed10a82424421c62cb6e3cb4cce60f3e26159d5e278a.jpg

BeefyBoy50

I have no problem with this if they use the added profit to fund a new south ridge lift- without that chair it isn't possible to avoid the crowds because you can't get back to the peak or out of the bear mountain drainage without taking some combination of the most crowded lifts. Not that I would expect them to do that though.

BenedictGomez

what is the big deal with wanting people to have proof of who they are! It doesn't need to be a drivers license, just a picture ID with accurate an residential address. You need ID to buy beer, write/cash a check, pickup prescriptions why not to vote?

It's not about logic, it's about motivation via fear and anger. Never mind the fact that the actual real-world voting statistics have pulvarized their counter-intuitive argument, the truth doesnt matter (much) when the hoard is too lazy to actually do some research.

Maybe K can break the $100 mark if they offer this option for day tickets also. I'd think there would be more money in it for K in day tickets instead of just for season pass holders. Say $20 on top of the $92 weekend rate for this option. The fast pass line would be longer than the regular line.lol

Then you alienate your Season Pass holders if they don't have a similar option. It's better to reward your customers who are making the largest investment, IMO.

Though I do imagine someplace will eventually go precisely the route you're suggesting (maybe even Killington), but likely only after offering this and experimenting with the SPH base first.

steamboat1

Then you alienate your Season Pass holders if they don't have a similar option. It's better to reward your customers who are making the largest investment, IMO.

Though I do imagine someplace will eventually go precisely the route you're suggesting (maybe even Killington), but likely only after offering this and experimenting with the SPH base first.
It's already offered to Express Card holders which isn't a large investment. In fact the Express Card costs significantly less than the fast pass. It even costs less than a weekend day ticket.

prsboogie

It's not about logic, it's about motivation via fear and anger. Never mind the fact that the actual real-world voting statistics have pulvarized their counter-intuitive argument, the truth doesnt matter (much) when the hoard is too lazy to actually do some research.

It is more about providing accurate information and not hiding who you are or and not. Fact: people lie, despite political affiliation, to benefit their own ends. I work with the sister of head of LaGuardia's security department. Over the period of a year they were seeing the same address come up in check in for an address in Rhode Island. After seeing this 5 or 6 times he asked his sister to check it out and, shockingly, it belonged to a bank in Cranston. The address was flagged and two more people attempted to use it afterwards. I know this has nothing to do with voting but it happens, and your right, people need to get off their asses and vote or don't bitch about what goes on in the country. Part of the problem is apathy with the current system, feeling like most don't have a say or can make a difference.

Back on point, k-ton cannot offer line cutting for any price if they want to maintain the level of respect they currently hold amongst the skiing populous. If they do I agree with the alienation of their other pass holders who rightfully so won't spend the extra for this.

KevinF

I bet most people complaining are not Killington Season Pass holders. I get that point, if the case. There is no option for a person who is paying full fair ($94? which is a lot) to even upgrade to that status. I maintain that people there skiing on a voucher of some sort should not be able to upgrade but those paying full fair should be able to pay an extra $20 or so. I would never ski there for full fair so it would never be an option for me!

I don't get this argument. Season pass holders at most mountains are already entitled to various discounts that aren't available to others. i.e., Stowe gives season pass holders discounts on lessons, some of the on-mountain dining, on-mountain retail, on-mountain demos, etc. I imagine Killington gives their season-pass holders similar benefits that aren't available to anyone else.

This is just one more.

KevinF

Back on point, k-ton cannot offer line cutting for any price if they want to maintain the level of respect they currently hold amongst the skiing populous. If they do I agree with the alienation of their other pass holders who rightfully so won't spend the extra for this.

So do you think that ski school should have to wait in line with everybody else? As has been mentioned several times in this thread, lift-line cutting privileges have always existed via the ski school; this just provides a much cheaper option to accomplish the same.

MadMadWorld

Universal has one you pay extra for. Disney does not. At least they didn't the last time I was there 2 years ago. You just need to go to a ride put your ticket in a machine and it kicks a fastpass out with a return time. you return after the time and get in the fast pass lane and wait maybe 5 minutes instead of 45 to get on the ride. People look at you and say things like "why do they get to go to the front of the line". I just look at them and say "you can do this too, I doesn't cost anything"

As far as the Killington thing goes I think it just puts Killington in a bad light not the people who take advantage of it.

Another sweet way to go Fast Pass is that if you wait in line on a ride and your significant other is waiting for you because of a small child they will give you a fast pass for you AND 4 other people once you get off the ride. It's a great way to do laps on rides. Hijack complete

Smellytele

I don't get this argument. Season pass holders at most mountains are already entitled to various discounts that aren't available to others. i.e., Stowe gives season pass holders discounts on lessons, some of the on-mountain dining, on-mountain retail, on-mountain demos, etc. I imagine Killington gives their season-pass holders similar benefits that aren't available to anyone else.

This is just one more.
I don't agree with this argument. while yes season pass holders get those things the separate line for the vip's are different.

prsboogie

So do you think that ski school should have to wait in line with everybody else? As has been mentioned several times in this thread, lift-line cutting privileges have always existed via the ski school; this just provides a much cheaper option to accomplish the same.

I have no problem with the schools. For the amount of money it costs for the classes there should be a benefit, if they had to wait for the lines like everyone else they wouldn't be able to teach much. I someone is willing to drop 2-300 hundo for a full day of lessons, you go boy! The kids are there, hopefully to learn to ski or ski better. As a parent of kids in a seasonal program I am glad they get the opportunity to make more turns than others, to get the most out of my money! 😆

As far as just paying more money to cut everyone else, well that is just shit! Should be on the mountains to keep up the equipment, update as needed and try to find other ways to decrease lift lines.

steamboat1

The discounts you mention come with the price of the pass. They don't cost a dime extra. K even gives $100 free money to spend at the resort with a full pass & $50 with a blackout pass if purchased early. Otherwise discounts on food, lessons, lodging, retail etc. vary between 10%-25% depending on K pass purchased, doesn't matter when you purchase.

Last edited:

Highway Star

The discounts you mention come with the price of the pass. They don't cost a dime extra. K even gives $100 free money to spend at the resort with a full pass & $50 with a blackout pass if purchased early. Otherwise discounts on food, lessons, lodging, retail etc. vary between 10%-25% depending on K pass purchased, doesn't matter when you purchase.

You could probably use the $50 or $100 beast bucks towards buying a befast pass, I use mine to buy a discount Pico ticket for one of the blackout days.