• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jan 24-25-26 2015 - possible significant coastal storm this weekend

BenedictGomez

Interesting that the recently upgraded GFS is the only model this far south with the storm. It's confusing.

On the one-hand, it's the sole outlier, but on the other hand, it is the only model that properly screws the Poconos.

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_ma_15.png

Interesting that the recently upgraded GFS is the only model this far south with the storm. It's confusing.

On the one-hand, it's the sole outlier, but on the other hand, it is the only model that properly screws the Poconos.

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_ma_15.png

The new GFS is a disaster. It's going to take months in order for its kinks to be worked out. Right now its about as reliable as the NAM.

BenedictGomez

They were sorta off for the last storm but here is the first call map...

He completely busted for many areas with today's little clipper too. Couldn't happen to a nicer Dbag. To be fair though, he stratifies his maps with much more detail than anyone else I've seen, which I appreciate (even when he wiffs).

BenedictGomez

The first 00z is out, and the NAM goes OTS. Yuck.

Not in its' wheelhouse yet anyway (that's what I'm sticking with).

Kleetus

Next Tuesday-Weds is looking even better. And I have a bogo. ;-)

I normally don't ask for this but please no storm for Tues-Wed...I fly out to Denver that evening for 5 days at Breckenridge...haven't been out west in a long time...I had predicted this would happen when I planned the trip...unless logan gets nothing or rain...I'd be ok with it then :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I normally don't ask for this but please no storm for Tues-Wed...I fly out to Denver that evening for 5 days at Breckenridge...haven't been out west in a long time...I had predicted this would happen when I planned the trip...unless logan gets nothing or rain...I'd be ok with it then :)

I often find that departures from a snowy airport are not a problems. It's the arrivals that often get canceled. There's always an exception, but that's my 40 years of flying experience.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

You just jinxed it. 2ft of snow coming Tuesday. Thank you.