• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Overnight ski tuning near Killington or Rutland?

gittist

Any recommendations for an overnight ski tune near Killington or Rutland?

Does that service even exist?

We're staying at the BW in Rutland next week.

The nearest ski shop to my home is 1.5 hour round trip away. You have to drop them off and then go back a week later to pick them up.

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

I've had an overnight tune done at Black Dog which is in the 1st Mountain Green building. I'd imagine other shops on the access road do it too.

Hell I think the shop at Snowshed does it.

thebigo

For the price of maybe a couple tunes, you could buy a set of vices, guides, stones and files - then have sharp skis the entire season. Takes maybe 15 minutes to clean up a pair of edges, less with regular maintenance.

gittist

Thanks for the replies. High Altitude was about a mile away from our hotel so I used them. From what I can tell they did a good job.

mister moose

Black Dog had the best reputation for a personalized hand tune. Basin, Northern, Aspen East, Peak Performane all have sophisticated machine tune that can set base and side bevel, flatten the base and add structure. All do overnight for a fee.