• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whitetail mogul run 2014-02-25

PomfretPlunge

Exhibition trail at Whitetail (mid-Atlantic) has built up some really nice moguls after the big snows last week.

Whitetail Moguls 2014-02-23.jpg

Sheesh, this pic uploaded super-small, like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap. Maybe some nice person can tell me how to get the pic to show up a bit bigger.

The pic shows only the bottom third of the trail. It keeps going up above, about 700-800 vert of bumps. Sortof the local Killington. C'mon down and join us for some spring bumps in March!

Peace
Plunge

P.S. now the image is showing at a decent size

2knees

Exhibition trail at Whitetail (mid-Atlantic) has built up some really nice moguls after the big snows last week.

View attachment 11475

Sheesh, this pic uploaded super-small, like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap. Maybe some nice person can tell me how to get the pic to show up a bit bigger.

The pic shows only the bottom third of the trail. It keeps going up above, about 700-800 vert of bumps. Sortof the local Killington. C'mon down and join us for some spring bumps in March!

Peace
Plunge

P.S. now the image is showing at a decent size

That is awesome!

PomfretPlunge

Are they still there?

Yep! Was out there today and the lines are still good. They were pretty icy in the troughs but soft on top from blown snow. Now we might get 6-12" from the upcoming storm... fingers crossed. Or maybe *ain grrrrr

jimmywilson69

How's the spacing? Usually they are hard as rocks and spaced oddly.

The slope has some decent pitch, too. Because it faces eat they are also nice in the spring, although its been a few.years since I've been down for a corn.harvest at whitetail