• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Team looking for sixth member at Wachusett

Phildozer

I'm on a team that races at Wachusett every Wednesday night and we're looking for a sixth member.

Experience isn't necessary but being a strong skier is a definite plus.

You must be old enough to buy a round of drinks at the Coppertop to join.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
1) How much does it cost?
2) Would a close-to-NASTAR-Gold-at-Wachusett type skier be strong enough?

I'm 23 so drinks wouldn't be a problem.

Vortex

This is taking off. Tb has vouched for this gang, good enough for me. Marc You could be your teams wise ass. I have that rsponsibility on our team. :wink: :beer:

Phildozer

It is $89 for the rest of the season.

We had our first race on Wednesday and were 58th out of 70, so as long as you can stand, you're good enough for us. Our biggest issue is experience, not skill. One of our team members goes faster than a beer down Trail Bosses throat so we've got the full range.

Search for Acceleration Due to Gravity on the Wachusett site. Or just click http://www.wachusett.com/mtninfo/racing/night_league/teamresults.cfm

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Bob R said:
This is taking off. Tb has vouched for this gang, good enough for me. Marc You could be your teams wise ass. I have that rsponsibility on our team. :wink: :beer:

Yes, the token wise ass is a big responsibility but I feel I am up for the challenge.

My pops always told me I was better suited for "dumb ass" but I have a college degree now. So I'm edumucated. :beer:

Phildozer

There's eight weeks left of racing.

You make two runs: one on each course.

I'm not sure there's room for another smartass. I do a pretty good job in that role myself.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I reviewed my shhhhedule, and as much as I'd really love to join up with you guys, I noticed I have a previous commitment on every other Wednesday this winter for the FD...

Does it scare any of you that I teach the principles of fire behavior to our first responders-in-training?

:dunce:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ctenidae said:
That must be an easy course.
1) Fire hot!
2) Fire burn!
3) No like burn!
4) Fire bad!
5) Profit!

It's far easier than that!

"Put that wet stuff on that red stuff! Okay, we'll have a quiz on this next week."

Sky

re: racing with twin tips.

two caveats....1) NOT in the opposite lane from Dozer. 2) Switch (and you'll still beat me)

Marc...too bad pal, your oppportunity to vie for Wise-ass vs Dozer. It would have been entertaining.