• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

IPad and AZ

dmc

another thing please.... :)

Can you exclude the IPad from the mobile site? It's overkill... thx...

bvibert

Staff member
You can probably set the user agent of the iPad's browser to desktop instead of mobile device, then websites will automatically give you the full version of the site. I'd assume that you wouldn't really want the mobile version of any site on the iPad??

dmc

You can probably set the user agent of the iPad's browser to desktop instead of mobile device, then websites will automatically give you the full version of the site. I'd assume that you wouldn't really want the mobile version of any site on the iPad??

Not sure i can do that...

Yes - IPad screen is nice and big...

bvibert

Staff member
I don't know anything about iPads/iPhones. I can do that on my Android, so I assume it's possible on the apple products. Even on the small screen of my phone I prefer the full versions of sites over the limited mobile versions.

roark

User configuration is typically not apples strong point. :stirpot:

(I've never used an ipad, just couldn't resist) :smile:

dmc

User configuration is typically not apples strong point. :stirpot:

(I've never used an ipad, just couldn't resist) :smile:

I've never had a reason to configure something with my Apple stuff... Cause everything just works right out of the box..

dmc

I don't know anything about iPads/iPhones. I can do that on my Android, so I assume it's possible on the apple products. Even on the small screen of my phone I prefer the full versions of sites over the limited mobile versions.

Well... I can't figure it out so if you could mention it to Greg that would be great.. thanks..

soulseller

How do you do that on an Android? My EVO's screen would be very happy with the full site.

bvibert

Staff member
How do you do that on an Android? My EVO's screen would be very happy with the full site.

On the browser I'm using I go into settings and look for "User Agent". Set that to "Desktop" and then every site will show as its full version instead of the mobile version.

Puck it

I downloaded atomic browser for thenipad and it gives you the option to view the full site.