• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 11/13/17

Zand

Much better today! Light snow has been falling above the lower road all afternoon. Temps in the mid 30s giving the snow a nice spring like quality and perfect carving conditions. Minuteman opened around 1:30 giving us the addition of Challenger...groomed flat and a little sticky but not bad. If you're on the fence come on up...there's nobody here and you won't regret it. Can't believe it's November 13th.

Update: When I was leaving around 3:30, they were having problems with Minuteman again so as of then it is down (not sure if it's back up yet). They were firing up the guns on Ralph's and Ollie's when I left. It was snowing pretty hard above 1300 feet or so (yes that's me that posted the video to Wachusett's Facebook page) and was starting to stick above the lower road. Conditions were starting to firm up with a few slick spots toward the end.

Hope to get up tomorrow once again...looks like upper 30s and sunny. Last day of my 4 day weekend tomorrow, never thought I'd be spending 3 of them at Wachusett when I took them off!

Last edited:

WJenness

Nice. Glad to hear things are good out there. (Particularly with the Minuteman lift).

Not going to make it out there for a while (post Thanksgiving most likely).

hrstrat57

Great day at wa today. Challenger was fabulous !

I made the Wa IG daily post :)

Awesome opening day for me skiing with skimangojazz and some of the weekday wa regulars!

@zand is right!

Go get some!