• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboarding Equipment Recommendation?

teecorbs

Can anyone recommend a brand best for a beginner? Also has anyone bought a snowboard from Technine.com and would you recommend their snowboards?

Last edited:

Hawkshot99

Every brand will make a good beginner board.
The most important part of your equipment will be boots. Getting the right comfy boot will make you love riding. Then come bindings. Not all boots fit great in all bindings.

Technine is known for solid metal trays on their bindings. They are super tough. Many companies will void the boards warranty though if you use them as they make it far easier to snap the board.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

Every brand will make a good beginner board.
The most important part of your equipment will be boots. Getting the right comfy boot will make you love riding. Then come bindings. Not all boots fit great in all bindings.

Technine is known for solid metal trays on their bindings. They are super tough. Many companies will void the boards warranty though if you use them as they make it far easier to snap the board.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
This is often overlooked. I feel like I'm still trying to find the best fitting boot for both myself and my wife.