• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Following a thread, or not

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
How does this work?

"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Sometimes I post a message, but I don't see any of the subsequent email responses, even the next one after mine. Of course I'm set to receive auto notification. Other times, I see a reply hit my inbox after several more responses. It just seems inconsistent, unless I'm missing something, which is more likely. :cool:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah mine is also off. I just come here and click on "New Posts"

Might have something to do with caching. But I didn't see myself missing anything earlier.

xwhaler

I'm trying to figure out how to turn the email setting off actually as I'm getting lots of them as I'm more active on the boards recently.

I've tried to set "no email notification" but that hasn;t seemed to help.
Any ideas?

bvibert

Staff member
You have to go back and change notifications for each thread that you are already getting emails from. The no email setting just affects future threads that you post in. I'm posting from my phone, otherwise i'd give you more detailed directions. Respond if you can't figure it out and I'll take a look the next time I'm on a computer.