• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB - Bradbury 4/13/13

BackLoafRiver

For all my Maine people out there.

Third ride of the season but first one of any consequence.

Hit Bradbury this afternoon for a solo ride. Geared up and rolling by 4 I decided to do a fitness check first.

For some reason, this dinky little climb on Knight's Woods is a test to see just how fat I am. I don't know why but I can't clear it, which is ridiculous. Needless to say, I am not in riding shape.

Rode the following: Knights Woods (x2) -> Lanzo -> Ragan -> Snowmobile -> Ragan bonus loop (unmarked trail section) -> Lower Ginn -> Upper Fox West -> Link -> Snowmobile -> Mid Gin -> Fox East -> Done.

Lots of side trails mixed in today, I would say 2 miles of it was unmarked stuff you just had to look for.

The bad news: I am out of shape. The good news: the trails are in phenomenal shape. Today felt like a fall ride only without the leaves on trail. Very little water issues and only one or two patches of real soft soil. Looking to head out tomorrow afternoon for another shot.

The dirt is fast and the weather is perfect!!! Get out and ride.