• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS: 04/05 Scratch BC 176 cm $225 shipped

Birdman829

Hey guys. I bought these new before last season and used them maybe 15 days. I toyed with the idea of keeping these and eventually turning them into a BC ride but I need money for a pass and theres no sense in having skis with no pass :p. I don't have current pics (will try to take some this weekend) but bases and edges are pretty much perfect with only a few scratches I never tuned them at the end of last season I just put some storage wax on them. I could touch them up if wanted.

$150+shipping. Drilled once for Salomon 912s at 305 mm boot sole. Bindings are NOT included, BUT if your boot is the right size and you really want them I would part with them for an extra $75 or so (they were also new last year from SAC). Prices are somewhat negotiable so make me offers if you really want them. Just to clarify these are the 05 version dimensions are 122-90-115 and they look like this:

2371018240098102713S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Horrible deal...I picked up the Scratch Sprayer BCs in a 182 for $170 new on Steep and Cheap.com and that was the 06-07 model

Birdman829

Horrible deal...I picked up the Scratch Sprayer BCs in a 182 for $170 new on Steep and Cheap.com and that was the 06-07 model

Price police, huh? F*** off and move along then. Get a life and stop posting garbage here 28 times a day. I offered what I believe to be a fair price to both myself and a potential buyer AND I believe I said I was willing to consider offers, so I think I covered all my bases there.

For others who are curious, the Sprayer BC is not the same ski as this. It is the same shape but a different construction (different core - I think it's quite a bit softer)

koreshot

GSS isn't completely in the wrong here. His intentions are good, he is just going about it the wrong way.

In theory I do agree that it helps build a better AZ community if people sell gear for better prices than those found on ebay and other web venues. This is done over at TGR, and their gear swap section has become a wonderful tool for ski geeks like us. You can usually buy gear and know that you are getting a pretty solid deal if not a great deal.

That said, I am not going to comment on whether the price for the skis you are trying to sell is fair or not. I have no interest in these skis so its none of my business to post my thoughts on the fairness of the price. If GSS has a problem with the price and feels that a member of the community is violating the trust of fellow AZers, he should probably be more classy about it and PM you and voice his concern, thus giving you a chance to remedy the situation in a constructive manner.

Sorry if I offended Birdman...Over on TGR..or PASR for that matter..if somebody posts an asking price that's on the high side...usually a member will chime in..

The fact that the skis have already been drilled, been used, and are a three year old model greatly affects the price. I've seen similar skis with no binders at a ski swap in the $125-150 range.

koreshot

Sorry if I offended Birdman...Over on TGR..or PASR for that matter..if somebody posts an asking price that's on the high side...usually a member will chime in...

You are correct, and often they chime in with very negative and offensive comments, flaming the guy. Sometimes people overprice their gear not because they want to screw someone but because they didn't do the research on how much similar stuff has been selling for. Most of these people are willing to adjust the price when alerted that they are asking too much. And I think a friendly PM is a better avenue than a public flame. Thats all.

Birdman829

You are correct, and often they chime in with very negative and offensive comments, flaming the guy. Sometimes people overprice their gear not because they want to screw someone but because they didn't do the research on how much similar stuff has been selling for. Most of these people are willing to adjust the price when alerted that they are asking too much. And I think a friendly PM is a better avenue than a public flame. Thats all.

Thank you sir. As I said in the original post, I am flexible on the price. If you want them, make me an offer.

tcharron

Most important, he's trying to sell them to pay for his season pass. Can you get it cheaper? Sure, you can always. But you're also buying from a guy you trust, who isn't going to screw you by selling you something with a hairline crack someplace that he's not going to tell you about.