• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arrrrg!

i am trying to upload an avitar. i srunk it down to 100x75 and when i try 2 upload it i get this message.."Your file of 20.7 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 20.0 KB for this filetype.'
wht gives?
i will try it again.
seacrest out!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
just decrease the quality, no need to use a smaller size. irfan view is a quick, easy, and free tool. just download the program, open your image, and save as using a lower quality.

bvibert

Staff member
Both Steve and Beano's suggestions would work. I'd personally uses Steve's though...

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Often this is because the image came from a digital camera, and still has what's called the EXIF data in it - the preview image that shows on the back of the camera plus all the data about the time, shutter speed, camera settings, etc. None of this is desired in an avatar, but it takes up space in the .jpg file.

Make sure that in whatever software you use, you strip that data out when saving. Many packages call it "Save for the Web".