• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ugly, depressing green!

kcyanks1

The update overrode my settings. I had to see green. Thankfully, after 1 minute and a change of settings, my life is back in order.

bvibert

Staff member
The update overrode my settings. I had to see green. Thankfully, after 1 minute and a change of settings, my life is back in order.

Still Blue for me. You probably had it set for the default, which changes when Greg feels in the mood... ;)

kcyanks1

Still Blue for me. You probably had it set for the default, which changes when Greg feels in the mood... ;)

I really doubt it -- I changed it years ago to be blue all the time. I had it blue all last evil time of year (i.e., summer)

bvibert

Staff member
I really doubt it -- I changed it years ago to be blue all the time. I had it blue all last evil time of year (i.e., summer)

Hmmm... Interesting, can't say what happened then, mine stayed blue, thankfully! :D

drjeff

Arghhh, I have to reset to blue!

First you take the board down for maintenance in prime mid-morning posting time! Then you shock us with the spring colors when it comes back :eek: ;)

Greg

Staff member

Hmmm... Interesting, can't say what happened then, mine stayed blue, thankfully! :D

I force the default color each time I change over. The reactions are priceless... :lol:

drjeff

Same thing happened to me :-(

For those that don't know how to fix this green screen tragedy ;) Just go into the "Edit Options" link under the "User CP" heading of the "tool bar" and then scroll down to the bottom of the Edit Options to the "Forum Skin" choice under the "miscellaneous options" header and you can reset to the soothing color of winter blue that we all love ;)

wa-loaf

I force the default color each time I change over. The reactions are priceless... :lol:

I know first frost is the changeover to blue, but what is your criteria for green? Last day of lift served?

wa-loaf

For those that don't know how to fix this green screen tragedy ;) Just go into the "Edit Options" link under the "User CP" heading of the "tool bar" and then scroll down to the bottom of the Edit Options to the "Forum Skin" choice under the "miscellaneous options" header and you can reset to the soothing color of winter blue that we all love ;)

Don't even need to do that. On the main forum page just scroll down to the bottom and there's a drop down on the left to make the change.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Interesting....I was unaware for the past three summers that you could manually change the forum to blue. Thanks for the tip

drjeff

Don't even need to do that. On the main forum page just scroll down to the bottom and there's a drop down on the left to make the change.

Arghh, first the shocking GREEN, then I find out that I worked to hard to get back to blue! ;) Just not a good Monday going on today! :rolleyes:

Greg

Staff member
I know first frost is the changeover to blue, but what is your criteria for green? Last day of lift served?

It used to be the first 70 degree day, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it this year so I waited for the end of lift-serviced.

bvibert

Staff member

I shouldn't way anything, because then you'll start doing it, but you must not force it to those of us in the Mod group because I stayed with the Winter theme.... :p

Greg

Staff member
I shouldn't way anything, because then you'll start doing it, but you must not force it to those of us in the Mod group because I stayed with the Winter theme.... :p

Not sure what happened there. I forced it to everyone. It's possible that the "Quick Style Chooser" is cookied or something and overrides profile settings.

kcyanks1

Greg, you better be careful. You are dealing with a group of depressed people and this color change might be enough to push someone over the edge.