• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Passes Next Year

Zand

Anyone else have or throught about it yet? Obviously going with the Burke pass first off. Contemplating whether to bother with the Wachusett pass or not, only got 6 days on it this year (obviously the barely 3 month season didn't help and being in Florida for a quarter of break didn't help). Otherwise, I've had 3 different passes the last 3 years since I've been up here... started with the Sugarbush pass, only got 5 days on it because I got sick of the drive. Last year I had the 4NH pass, and got 9 Cannon days and 1 Bretton Woods day on it. This year, I had the Triple Major Pass and got 6 Jay days (so far... probably should get 2 or 3 more), no MRG days :)() and didn't plan on bothering with Bolton so none there.

I did have more days and better quality days with the 4NH pass, and also enjoyed the convience of being able to pit stop in Littleton on the way there and back, but of course last winter the conditions were overall much better. I'm gonna go with the Triple Major Pass for next season because I really want to ski Jay with better conditions, and there's nowhere to go but up after this year. Plus I want to get back to MRG so bad... I'm pissed I waited for spring to go this year, and ended up waiting too long. And if I'm really hungry leaving Jay there's always Newport... a little more out of the day and a lot less choices than Littleton but it'll do lol.

Wachusett U-Pass is $159, Triple Major is $299, and Burke LSC Pass is $209, so $670 for an entire season is a good deal I think. This year I stayed pretty true to staying only at pass mountains, the only deviations were SR and Killington both in October, so the tickets were pretty cheap anyway. Was gonna hit Smuggs once but obviously that fell through. Next year IDK how well I'll do at being that way though, if it's my last winter in New England I'll want to ski Sugarbush, Killington, Stowe, Smuggs, etc one more time. Tough decisions lol.

o3jeff

I skipped getting one this year and kind of glad I did(only got out 6 times) and will probably not get one next year. Will count on winning all the ticket give a ways here on AZ!

xwhaler

My advice if I went to LSC would be Burke + Triple Major
But I guess it sort of comes down to would you rather ski Cannon on the 4NH pass or Jay and possibly MRG on the Triple Major.
Not sure BW, Waterville or Cranmore would get much consideration. Don't overlook Bolton though...place gets kinda flat 1/2 way down but they do have some great tree runs...super good spot on a powder day where Jay and MRG may get tracked quickly.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Oh how I miss College and Law School. When I was in college it was Sugarbush and the last season I added a Jay/Burke pass to it. It's too bad Zand that you were not at LSC when Burke and Jay shared season passes.

As to the LSC plan, I agree that Burke and Triple Major is a good program. It is too bad that Cannon and Burke don't do more, but I understand why.

I did the NH College Pass in 2005-2006 and liked going to Cannon. It was nice, but from the Upper Valley it was a tough drive.

And as to eating on the way home, there is (or at least was) a Subway in Orleans on the way back to Lyndonville. In Coventry, go down Route 5 to I-91 and into the village of Orleans.

Zand

And as to eating on the way home, there is (or at least was) a Subway in Orleans on the way back to Lyndonville. In Coventry, go down Route 5 to I-91 and into the village of Orleans.

Yes, but that's all they have :D. I was saying I liked driving through Littleton because they have the easy stuff like BK and McD's, sit down places like 99, Applebees, and all of the restaurants downtown. Not to mention if you need to shop for something real quick, Walmart, Staples, Chutters :D, TJMaxx, Dollar Tree, etc. Newport has Wendys and McD's, and of course the wonderful Cow Palace over in Derby, but there isn't much else besides pizza places and then more expensive places.

Not that I really mind not having to stop anywhere coming back from Jay... it was just a convienence.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gunstock,

then trips elsewhere. Hopefully better than this season. Looks like I'll be eating a few vouchers

ScottySkis

I Think those are all great ski hills, maybe just skip season pass and use discounts that are always on here and Entertainment book is good for getting discounted tickets.

snowmonster

Re-upping for the River-Loaf-Loon: convenience from Boston, fast recovery from thaws, Brackett Basin, snowfields, early open, late close, long season, commitment to customers. Plus, the River is the closest I can get to Cheers.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re-upping for the River-Loaf-Loon: convenience from Boston, fast recovery from thaws, Brackett Basin, snowfields, early open, late close, long season, commitment to customers. Plus, the River is the closest I can get to Cheers.

Very nice.

drjeff

Come Sunday i'll already have 6 days on my '12-'13 Peak Resorts Nor'easter pass! :)

vdk03

Epic pass. Can't go wrong, so far have 33 uses out of it, hopefully will have dozen more. Maybe next year we will cash in on the Tahoe resorts that are included.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

steamboat1

K mid-week pass + buy some Vt. passes again. Got 17 days on the pass this year bringing the cost under $28 a day. Not bad but without April this year I won't be getting it under $20 a day like I usually do. Just got rid of my last VT. Pass this morning at cost so I'm good.

AdironRider

Might have a job lined up back East, but thats a 50/50 shot at best right now. If I do it'll be some combination of Burke/Jay/Cannon.

If not, spouse pass to JHole and a Snow King pass. Snow King has to be the best season pass value out there. 129 bucks for a full season with night skiing and the best view around for the hill climb. Worth it just for the carnage. Not to mention the tree skiing off the top would be some of the best you find on the East Coast.

SkiFanE

4-5 SR Gold passes for next year (depends on my teens plans). All because of the recent snowmaking push ;) haha...