• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2013

mlctvt

First road ride of the season today. I know I should be skiing but we had to stay home this weekend for family commitments.

24 miles, 15.6mph , hilly ride on a heavy cross bike with fenders. Beautiful day 45-50 degrees. Roads were in surprizingly good shape. It seemed weird to be road riding 2 days after we got 12" of snow. The sad part was this 12" was already totally gone from south facing hillsides .

Back to skiing next weekend.

Edit: I live in Southern Ct near the coast. Hopefully the snow isn't melting as fast up north.

Last edited:

mlctvt

Got in another 30 mile ride Sunday mid-afternoon. I'll ride as long as it's 45 degrees or more.
Going to try again tomorrow afternoon.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Still a touch too cold for me to get on the road. Mostly it is the wind, actually. Otherwise it is pretty close to my threshold. Definitely a fair weather roadie.

mlctvt

Great 24 mile ride today. Just under 50 degrees. The frogs (peepers) were out already here in southern CT as well as many flowers on south facing lawns.
It's supposed to be 55 degrees and sunny here this weekend but I'm heading north for spring skiing at least for Friday and Saturday, then back home Sunday for family Easter dinner.

mlctvt

Awesome skiing yesterday at Mount Snow but home today for family easter weekend. We had most of the day free so my wife says lets go for a ride. Her first ride of the year and my 4th. She said lets do out usual hilly 64 mile training ride today, Okayyyy.
Incredible weather made for perfect riding although I have a sore rear end and quads. Kinda feels like we rode a century, we both have that nice exhausted but fulfilling feeling.
I love this time of year.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Are you missing a decimal in there or did you just write a 64 mile training ride for her first ride of the year? That is so far beyond what I am comfortable with, lol.

MR. evil

First ride is the season this morning, 32.4 miles in 2 hours 3 minutes. I was hauling but the first 20 miles averaging over 18mph, the last 12 miles not much. All of the sudden my legs just didn't want to work anymore. The last 2 hills up to my neighborhood were killers. This is going to be a rough early season

snoseek

Patiently awaiting to get my bike back from the shop. Making the switch from avid to shimano on brakes and a bunch of other shit amounting to more than I've ever spent on a bike,,,yikes!!! Once I get it back then Game the F^%ck on!!!

o3jeff

First ride is the season this morning, 32.4 miles in 2 hours 3 minutes. I was hauling but the first 20 miles averaging over 18mph, the last 12 miles not much. All of the sudden my legs just didn't want to work anymore. The last 2 hills up to my neighborhood were killers. This is going to be a rough early season

That's a real good first ride. I haven't even touched my bike yet, but know my first ride won't be 32 miles!

mlctvt

Yes, that's correct 64 miles just under 15mph for a very hilly ride. My wife stays in shape in winter by using the stairmaster, Lemond Spinning bike, recumbent exercise bike and free weights.
We were both a little sore on Sunday so we took the day off to recover.

mlctvt

Good first ride! The one thing I noticed on my first few rides were the hills, even little ones bothered me more than I remember from prior years.

Last edited: