• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe RFID Card - Oops!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I seem to have poked a hole into the new RFID program at Stowe.
I have a Stowe Points card. This lets me purchase tickets at a discount.

The RFID "Evolution" card is of course your lift ticket, and can be pre-loaded with $$ to go-to-the-lift and automatically deduct the day rate from your account. (Forget about the $5 fee ). Of course, I don't want the day rate, I want the Stowe Points Card rate.

There does not seem to be a way to deduct pre-loaded $$ (go-to-the-lift) from the Evolution card at the Stowe Points Rate.

It seems that what I will have to do is go to the ticket counter with both cards to get the the discounted rate and load that onto the card.

What I have concluded is that there is no way to go straight to the lift if you are using a Stowe points card. Unless of course you are going multi day.

The service rep at Stowe also indicated there is a cross-system problem whereby the Evolution card will not credit points into your Stowe Point card.

I was asked to call back tomorrow. Not a biggie, but buyer beware. I'll bet some Stowe Points holder will incorrectly assume one way or the other. A few cranky consumers to follow. Glad I checked this out in advance.

Last edited: