• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Open Season for Airlines

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like another "incident" recently on an American Airlines flight. Apparently the very angry flight attendant in the video (he shows up about half-way through) "violently" took a stroller from the crying Mom and hit her with it nearly missing the baby. Some passengers had some choice words. The captain clearly knows that he is about to be on national TV and keeps his cool.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/22/us/american-airlines-video-confrontation-trnd/index.html

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Edd

If they just provided complimentary bong hits before takeoff, these incidents would disappear overnight.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Other than the fact that employees don't actually slaughter passengers, airline travel is the human equivalent of any beef or pork packing plant. I have no sympathy for the airlines or their employees who are the rudest group of people on Earth.

Moo/Oink! Not for me. And unless it can't be avoided, I'm not sure why anyone voluntarily gets on a commercial airplane.

gmcunni

if the woman had simply gate checked her double wide stroller, as asked and as documented in AA's policies, this would never have happened.

doesn't excuse the behavior of the AA employee tho

benski

Moo/Oink! Not for me. And unless it can't be avoided, I'm not sure why anyone voluntarily gets on a commercial airplane.

How else are you going to get to snowbird at an affordable price.

The only bad experience I have had is with a polish airline.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The crew on our Southwest flights were extra nice on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

snoseek

It just occurred to me I've not flown in over six years.

Puck it

Flights to and Zurich were okay on Delta considering the leg room or lack of. One attendant was bit of an ass about the food. Wife is alllergic to eggplant and she asked if there was any. He nonchalantly brushed it off. There was eggplant in it.

Domeskier

I rather like the idea of an airline that has zero tolerance for the boorish behavior of their rude, self-absorbed, entitled and cheap passengers. I am a bit worried that I might end up on the news shoving some stroller, bicycle or backpack down the throat one of those same passengers on the subway someday. Probably the same people who leave their skis on the ground in front of the lodge, too.

bigbog

If they just provided complimentary bong hits before takeoff, these incidents would disappear overnight.

:lol:, but I'll tell ya' Edd, that so-called Dr., on the United flight, certainly deserved a complimentary meeting with my/someone's fist as he flopped.....no matter how screwed up the United reservation system is......and the rest of the brain dead passengers were probably complaining about prices all the way to their destinations while the good Doctor was phoning his lawyers for the upcoming lawsuit....

The spokesperson for management is never an unoccupied position...
..but the latest incident was clearly over the top...

Last edited:

gmcunni

i flew delta this week round trip to denver (from NY)

no problems but what they've done with the bathrooms is ridiculous. i don't see how an average sized man could take a dump in the new tiny closets they call a bathroom.

i'm 5'7" on a good day and not skinny but not a fat slob (yet). i could barely turn around in the bathroom. made a comment to the flight attendant (who agreed that it was crazy small) and he told me that some people have to back in because the dimensions are so small.

SkiFanE

I look back on pre 9/11 travel as the glory days. Often get entire rows to yourself to enjoy the free meal on a 1 hr shuttle.

I read about some incident at Spirit in Ft Lauderdale. And how bad their ratings are, etc etc... have to say - I flew Spirit red eye back from Vegas Sunday night, and flew them there and back 1.5 years ago - and I don't mind them. If you can get past the nickel and diming (just add $70 to total, what's the big deal) and dont buy anything onboard. But all 3 flights went off on time and arrived on time. Sunday night we left the gate and on runway we cruised by about 10 other planes waiting to take off. Have no idea why - but Spirit seemed to have air traffic clout lol. I avoid airplane bathrooms at all costs - but had to use one. Not huge but had to be the cleanest best stocked bathroom I've seen. Flight attendants nice. And the seats seemed even more spacious than United - no recline - but also no head in your lap. But why oh why must employees be so rude at the counters? Why Do they hire people without smile muscles? Or are we passengers so nasty they can't stop themselves? Or most likely...leadership sucks and it makes employees miserable wretches because they know they have to work there regardless of what the idiots in charge due.

And yes, I never need to go to Vegas again in my life. Customer service there is also pretty shitty. Stopped in Denver on way out - first time ever and those mts looked delicious.

Edd

Sigh. I've no idea if true racism took place but I'm easily disturbed at the open racism seen these days. It's obviously not new, but it's so easy to see examples of it online it reminds me of how fucked up we are, and it makes me sad.

I'm an only child military brat latchkey kid. I was partially raised by a television set in the 70s and 80s. Mr Rogers Neighborhood, Little House on the Prairie, MASH, Good Times, The Jeffersons, even the friggin Brady Bunch had honest to God good lessons to be taught about tolerance. It's amazing to me that someone could live through that era watching those shows and come away with a different message.

Jully

Sigh. I've no idea if true racism took place but I'm easily disturbed at the open racism seen these days. It's obviously not new, but it's so easy to see examples of it online it reminds me of how fucked up we are, and it makes me sad.

I'm an only child military brat latchkey kid. I was partially raised by a television set in the 70s and 80s. Mr Rogers Neighborhood, Little House on the Prairie, MASH, Good Times, The Jeffersons, even the friggin Brady Bunch had honest to God good lessons to be taught about tolerance. It's amazing to me that someone could live through that era watching those shows and come away with a different message.

+1

also holy jesus that story is unbelievable. Then again, all of the stories over the past few months have been unbelievable.

bdfreetuna

Sigh. I've no idea if true racism took place but I'm easily disturbed at the open racism seen these days.

Racism was less in the 90s when the prevailing attitude was to treat people as individuals instead of members of variously oppressed groups.

jack97

IMO, this is "Bread and Circuses" applied in its different forms by seeing if they can apply the race card . It is in the best interest of the group of people who formulated this racism outrage even when there is none to begin with.