• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wishful thinking 10 days out

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I look at accuweather forecasts because they give 15 days out. Not that I take too that long range too serious but looking at this http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dover-foxcroft-me/04426/month/333489?view=table
It would be nice if it was even half accurate for the snowfall forecasts for Feb 17-18. For what it's worth weather.com shows snow then too but I know it has no reliability that far out.

legalskier

I wish, but I've noticed that their forecasts change significantly over three day periods or so.

MommaBear

With (hopefully) doctor's clearance on the 15th for my son's injuries, a storm for that weekend would be sweet.

tarponhead

The models right now have it a tad south for north NE to get the goods but I know crap about models and its still a ways out so who knows. My sons and I will be doing the NEK tour prez wk again so we got our fingers crossed.

bheemsoth

We picked up vouchers for Stratton next weekend. Not my favorite place to ski by any stretch, but we figured it would be a good choice with their grooming/snow making capabilities. If this storm clips Southern VT, that would be peachy.

BenedictGomez

The models right now have it a tad south for north NE to get the goods but I know crap about models and its still a ways out so who knows.

As per usual this year I cant seem to find weather wonks in any agreement on this one. It's an IF at this point whether or not this 2/17 to 2/18 thing comes together of course, but I've seen everything from 1" tops to 6" to 12" possible for n.VT. :dontknow: All depends on what the individual is predicting. Regardless of how much precip. there is, I hope temps do come in colder than they're expecting though, for the s.VT folk's sake.

ScottySkis

As per usual this year I cant seem to find weather wonks in any agreement on this one. It's an IF at this point whether or not this 2/17 to 2/18 thing comes together of course, but I've seen everything from 1" tops to 6" to 12" possible for n.VT. :dontknow: All depends on what the individual is predicting. Regardless of how much precip. there is, I hope temps do come in colder than they're expecting though, for the s.VT folk's sake.

Cold is good! Machine made for them.

BenedictGomez

Oh but it gets better.

There are now some runs that show what I believe would be 2 feet+ on this sucker. Look at the Low.

stormg.gif

I know, I know.

1) It's a long way out
2) we need cold
3) it could change a ton in the next 5 days
4) We've been disappointed 1000 times before

But please let me dream a little.......

gmcunni

am driving up to Canada on Friday.. will gladly trade a long drive in the snow for great conditions when we arrive.