• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not getting "instant emails from subscribed threads

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Since the server move, I'm no longer getting "instant" emails (for new posts) from threads to which I am subscribed. I check my control panel setting and all systems are go, Scotty. Ideas?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
are others getting their "instant" email notifications when messages are posted to threads they subscribe to? I've checked my settings, reset them, and nada. I've tried this at both work and home environments. While the cp indicates the threads are subscribed, and instant email is enabled, I've received nothing since the switchover last weekend.
I can get to them all manually however.

bvibert

Staff member
The only thread that I'm subscribed to is my demo day thread, no has posted to it recently so I don't know if it's working. I have been getting instant email notification of new PMs though, so I imagine the thread subscription is work too.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm not getting private mails delivered to my email either. Tried it on three different mail servers from three different PCs/itouch. I have to go fetch them from the web. I'll bet the mail server interface is dead.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
this is very strange. I'm not getting any emails from alpinezone.com. However, it says above that "Your account has not been confirmed and is not yet active!" and yet, I was permitted to post to this thread.

billskis1

it got worse

It got worse, when I tried to change my real email address. AZ sends an authentication email, I never got it. I asked the AZ admin to reset my email address to my original address, they did it, thank you. I also received an email from the admin (that is the only email I ever got) However, I'm still in email authentication hell. So I had to create a new AZ id (billskis1) just to post here.

I'm getting zero emails from AZ.
This has been a problem since 7 November, when the new server switchover happened.
Not a happy camper. Lost access to all my private emails..

Greg

Staff member
Is anyone else having these issues?

WoodCore

Also not receiving email for PM's or subscribed threads.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My problem was fixed by having my provider compromise their security:
Here is what my provider said:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] It appears that the incoming mail was coming from a source that is not currently using Authentication. Earlier James noted that he disabled Sender Verify within your server, which this acts like an SPF record in which it is setup to discard any mail that is not coming from an authenticated source which is why you should always have Outgoing Authentication enabled in your email client as most destination servers have SPF records set in place."[/FONT]

Greg

Staff member
Okay. I opened a ticket at Jag to see if they can modify the header info.

Greg

Staff member
Still working on this...

Greg

Staff member
Can anyone who was having problems confirm this has been resolved?

WJenness

I didn't get an email telling me that Jeff had a new PM.

Greg, can you fix that? ;-)
:beer:

-w