• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pro forecasts for ski areas

slatham

Does anyone know of companies/services that provide detailed weather forecasts for NE ski areas? If I recall there is an individual in NH that does this but I can't recall his name. I know of WSI, Accu, Weatherbell......

Thanks

tumbler

Does anyone know of companies/services that provide detailed weather forecasts for NE ski areas? If I recall there is an individual in NH that does this but I can't recall his name. I know of WSI, Accu, Weatherbell......

Thanks

Tony Vazzano is his name. Doesnt have a webiste or blog that I know of. Ski areas pay him for their individual forecasts.

slatham

Tony Vazzano is his name. Doesnt have a webiste or blog that I know of. Ski areas pay him for their individual forecasts.

That's the guy! Thanks Tumbler. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

tumbler

That's the guy! Thanks Tumbler. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

I like Roger Hill, he doesn't always forecast mtn amounts but it usually pretty good for upslope and has good local insight. His forecasts are central VT to NEK. Single Chair is a good read but is more long range and can be all over the place. Also use mountain forecast as tuna said above.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was going to say Roger Hill. Resorts often have their own services....like MRG for example.