• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Patch Collections

Rowsdower

Was wondering if anyone else on here collected old ski patches. I started last year and have a nice little collection going. It's been fun going through old ski area history as well. You learn a bit about lost areas, the history of skiing in the NE and the styles that used to be popular back in the day.

Anyway thought I'd start off with the collection I'm building;

xTsWCUi.jpg

So far I have:
Bromley
Magic, from whenever they still had the Hans Thorner ski school
$teaux
Killington
Wildcat
Plattekill (this was purchased new, Platty still makes vintage looking patches you can buy at their shop)
Belleayre (this pattern was used by mult. mountains, same background just different name)
Elk
Camelback
Jack Frost
Big Boulder
Doe Mountain (now Bear Creek in SE PA)
Kahkout & Tanglewood (both defunct areas built in vacation communities in the Poconos)

So I got to learn a little and fuel my winter sports addiction through the summer hunting these down!

skimagic

I'm collecting patches for the mountains I have visited, and picked up a few other old ones. I have about 70, and need to get 11 others for visits I did before starting. Lost a bit of interest since eBay prices went up, I lost out on a Tenney one at $28, which is crazy for a little thing.

Rowsdower

I'm collecting patches for the mountains I have visited, and picked up a few other old ones. I have about 70, and need to get 11 others for visits I did before starting. Lost a bit of interest since eBay prices went up, I lost out on a Tenney one at $28, which is crazy for a little thing.

I've had decent luck at local flea markets. Also look out for people getting rid of old ski jackets. Ebay prices are nuts unless somebody is getting rid of a whole bunch at once.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The Jack Frost logo brings back memories in middle school I had a shop class on silk screening . I was the only kid with a Jack Frost T shirt.
That one was easy I later did an Atomic skis version very intricate and took hours to cut the film out with an exacto knife .

makimono

I've even got a few of the same ones as you do!

Most of these were on the back of a youth hockey jacket I had around age 10-12 (early 80's). The two on my pants are patching holes. I've got a branch tear on the other leg that might get the Pico patch.

I really like that Bromley one of yours. My favorite of mine is the Black Mountain one with the T-bar and also the King Ridge one because that was just a special place to ski as a little kid.
7a089ed1e26081541279814495d4c4c5.jpg

cdskier

Tanglwood was about 20 minutes from where I learned to ski. I never went there even though my Uncle had a place near there and skied there with my cousins. Still seems strange to me to think they don't exist anymore.

NotEasyBeingGreen

When I was in second grade my aunt living in Germany sent us ski patches from Garmisch and Zermatt. I still have them and a few more on my denim jacket, which is both the dorkiest and maybe coolest piece of clothing I own.