• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tokyo Awarded 2020 Summer Olympics

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com

This will be following the 2018 South Korean Winter Olympics. I'm excited, but it will be interesting what the road to the games will be like, considering how Japan is struggling with population decline and a less transparent government during the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster. But overall Japan is a very stable, safe, and prosperous place so I am not worried. Thoughts?

dmc

Hopefully they will stop the needless slaughter of whales and dolphins before..
taijifinal.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
I thought it might be Istanbul, but with all the turmoil in that region I can understand (one reason) why not.

dmc

Exciting! You're right, it will probably be organized because they already have all the infrastructure.

They certainly have kick ass trains...

Last edited:

snowmonster

Exciting! You're right, it will probably be organized because they already have all the infrastructure.

Not only that but the Japanese are some of the most disciplined and organized people I have ever seen. Not to mention the neatest too. As an insight into their national character, I remember a story from the 1998 World Cup in France: the Japanese crowd were cheering their team in one of their matches. After the game was over, the crowd picked up every bit of confetti that they threw to keep the stadium clean. Their national pride is at stake at the Olympics and that means a lot to these people. I expect them to pull out all the stops to ensure a good Olympic Games.