• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Steepest trails skied?

jimmywilson69

The steepest stuff I have skied is the expert terrain off of the Pallavinchi Chair at A-Basin. It is steper than anything I have skied in the east. I have skied it in 9 inches of powder, when it was cut up the day after a storm, and when it was a lot of "western" moguls. It is challenging and there are all kinds of lines to take including super steep trees in the alley's to more open "bowl" type skiing.

aveski2000

Probably the Alta Chutes at Jackson Hole or some of the other chutes and trails we skiied from 2/29 - 3/3 this year.

Skimaine

I do not get out of Maine much and steeps are not my favorite thing. But that said, White Nitro below the Spillway Crosscut is the steepest I have skied and that is at my limit. White Heat and Gondi do not seem as steep to me.

hammer

I think that Hurricane at Pats Peak and Middle Ptarmigan at Attitash are about the two steepest trails I've been on. True Grit at Waterville seemed pretty steep but it was so wide that it wasn't a big deal to go down.

There was a groomed black at PCMR (Silver King) that also seemed pretty steep to me but I have not been able to figure out whether it was any steeper than trails I've been on in the east.

Pitch can definitely increase the pucker factor but I've found that other factors have more influence on how hard a trail is.

Mpdsnowman

I went to iceface a couple of years ago. They just opened the new side. The chairlift was brand new and it rode like it. But I went down that new trail to the far right of the chair. It was the only one other than the main blue run. I dont know the name but boy that was steep!

200267_1011286940351_1770336031_23528_1871214_n.jpg

skiadikt

tucks. but at a ski area, i'll second the terrain off the palli chair at a-basin.

EPB

The ER-5 chutes at Lake Louise. In the east, probably something off the ridge at Jay Peak.

skiberg

I would say Tucks but a bunch of stuff out west as well. Snowbird, Alta, Whistler cant remember whcih si the steepest. I will have to think about it a bit.

skiberg

I have skied Sunshine as well. Delirium Dive is SERIOUSLY steep.

EPB

I have skied Sunshine as well. Delirium Dive is SERIOUSLY steep.

Would have loved to have gotten in there. I was by myself so it was pretty much out of the question.

skiberg

Glad you reminded me, I forgot about the shoot to the skiers right of the lift from top of Whistler peak. I skied it about 15 years ago and it was pretty damn steep. I think Delirium is steeper though.

MadMadWorld

Since they put in the staircase, Delirium Dive has become a lot more accessible to skiers. If you enter in from above where Milky Way/Galaxy chutes are it gets quite a bit more steep. I believe Wild West is a lot more technical than Delirium Dive but that is a different discussion.