• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lawrence Maroney Jerseys....cheap?

Sky

Too bad it didn't work out for Maroney here. I wonder if Randy Moss took notice?

I think the Moss issue will resolve soon enough...one way or another. I'm tthinking he stays.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm no Maroney fan, but it's a risky move. Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris will both miss time. The Law Firm has always impressed me. I've always wondered why he hasn't gotten more touches. He's not a threat to bust out a 50 yard TD run, but he hits the whole with power and conviction and generally doesn't lose yardage.

Geoff

Nobody knows what was happening with him off the football field. There could be other reasons why they unloaded him for a relatively low draft pick. At $800K/year, it's not like they needed to dump his salary.

Geoff

I've been digging into this. Moroney was in his 5th year. At the end of the season, he's an unrestricted free agent. The Pats would get nothing for him if he signed with another team. A 4th round pick from a team that is unlikely to break .500 for a player who is going to sit on the bench is better than nothing.

drjeff

Maroney is such an interesting situation. *When* he's healthy(and that's been a BIG issue throughout his career), he's so deceptively quick side to side that he really suprises folks whn he can just flat out run someone over going straight at them. He's a good blocker and has a good set of hands to. But, he's got the rep as a guy that both gets injurred easy and doesn't play well when hurt.

Right now atleast with a healthy Taylor, Morris, "Law firm" and Faulk, not to mention what could very well be the Pats main "running" plan - quick dump passes from Brady to whatever receiver he wants, Maroney became expendable in the business of Patriot footall. This Pats fan is a bit sad to see him go, since when he was healthy and on, Maroney was one of the best backs to wear a Patriots jersey in a number of years, and it won't suprise me at all when he has some big games for the Broncos, but them also ends up with his name on the IR list

JerseyJoey

large_Tyree012809.jpg