• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

how do you carry your season pass (max pass)?

gladerider

i have seen armband types like this
badge2.jpg

i used to use one of these
badge1.jpg

which worked well. but now that i have max pass and will be traveling different mountains i am curious. some have bar code scanners and some have RFIDs.
what do you use?

any specific brand/style you found effective?

urungus

Stratton gave me one of those "classic" pass-on-a-string things like the one in your picture on my first MAX day this year.

I bought one of the pass-on-a-string things from Amazon, it makes it a lot less awkward for the attendant to scan... worked well at Stratton and Killington so far this year. But I’m not a fan of how the pass flaps around when barelling down the mountain. For places like Okemo that have RFID, I put the Max Pass by itself in a hip or chest pocket.

Edd

The armband let me down a bunch of years ago. Slid off of my jacket somewhere at Sunday River without realizing. Since then I’ve used the other pull string type with no issues. I keep a few of them kicking around.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Most places will give you one of those retractable pass holders. You just have to ask in the season pass office/window.

drjeff

Me and my whole family use the retractable cable method. I just double up on the retractable cable holders for all of ours just in case one of the cable gets caught on something and breaks...

Been using this method for a decade plus now with no issues

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
"retractable cable method"
"pass-on-a-string"
"pull string type"
"retractable pass holder"

Is this all technical terminology? :lol:

Now I want to know what the ski resort purchasers have these listed as on their inventory supplier sheet..."pass-on-a-string" or "retractable pass holder"?!?!?!?

Jcb890

Peak Pass comes on the retractable pass holder and that works fine.
MAX Pass I keep in my jacket pocket or pants pocket so I can swing it by the RFID sensors easy enough and not worry about losing it.

SkiFanE

Zip-tie onto ski pants. Wear same ski pants every ski day. SR gives them out so put new one on when washing pants.

My new art'cyteryx pants have no loop for pass, wtf? Have to put zip-tie through zipper.

machski

I used an arm band at K in the spring. At Bachelor, I had to stuff the Max pass in my pack as the RFID in it was incompatible with their system. They issued you an RFID card of their own each day I skied. At Big Sky and Boyne resorts, just have to show at ticket window so you can just put it anywhere after.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Peak Pass comes on the retractable pass holder and that works fine.
MAX Pass I keep in my jacket pocket or pants pocket so I can swing it by the RFID sensors easy enough and not worry about losing it.

My sons retractable broke already. The clip moving part detached. Makes me a little nervous that some others may and the season pass may come off.

Jcb890

My sons retractable broke already. The clip moving part detached. Makes me a little nervous that some others may and the season pass may come off.
That would suck big time. I'd have to imagine they'd give you a new one if you lose it, right? Or is there a charge involved? I forget.

Wicked1

My (vintage) Fischer Predator Jacket has a zip on the left sleeve which when opened reveals a clear plastic pass card holder.
They scan it once and tend to remember.

Jully

My (vintage) Fischer Predator Jacket has a zip on the left sleeve which when opened reveals a clear plastic pass card holder.
They scan it once and tend to remember.

Have one on the chest of my primary jacket. Very convenient. Tend to not put RFIDs in there, but maybe I should.

Whitey

I keep my Max Pass, my ride & ski card, and my Boyne rewards card all together on a lanyard that I wear around my neck & under my jacket. At the end of the day I throw it in my ski bag and it's always there when I need any one of them. I've found that works pretty good.

jmgard

Watch out with the Peak Passes specifically, the hole/slit on the pass itself is very close to the top and can break relatively easily. This happened to my friend on one of the first days last year (luckily somehow found it on the next run) and he had to keep it in his pocket and pull it out every time we rode a lift with a scanner. I also have a New England Pass but the hole is much deeper into the pass and it feels way less fragile.

drjeff

This is exactly why I double up my families passes with 2 retractors instead of 1 on each pass. My almost 12 yr old in particular, well he's got a knack for breaking 1 or 2 of them a season, and when I ask him how it happened, I get the standard "I don't know..." answer! :lol: :rolleyes:

SIKSKIER

I have one of the clear plastic arm bands like the above pic except I modified it to put my goggle strap through it the opposite (long) direction as the strap shown above.

Cornhead

I used to attach it to my jacket, or pants, with a key ring. My buddy has been buying the retractable ones from our local hill in the spring when they're half price, his been suppling me with a new one every start of the season the last few years. I like them since you're less likely to lose your pass when it's not rigidly attached, I've had them torn off the key ring before.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app