• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's coming!

Tin

Let's start the season with a 348hour solution!
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_49.png

Tin

I initially posted just because of the snow.

Yeah, I see more OTS for this storm.

Yes, it is appearing that way and I would hope it does. I'm all for weather, but the runs last night would have been an absolute disaster for New England and upstate NY. Leafs on trees + dry ground + 8-12" of rain + sustained 60-80mph = Weeks without power in some areas, washing away base lodges, etc. Cape Cod and the shore would be like "Diet 1938" conditions.

This is from last night, luckily trending east.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png

WoodCore

Not trending far enough east and slowing down. This could get nasty! Granted it's a week out but still one to keep an eye on.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_33.jpg

Tin

We need to make American weather models great again.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

LOL, yes.

Euro is king but has had some monumental misses in the past few years in terms of big weather events (Blizzard of 2015 it gave NYC feet of snow, they ended up with 8-10", DC Blizzard this year it put about a foot of snow there and they got 30"), that said it nailed Joaquin if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

catsup948

Hopefully Matthew skirts the coast and heads out to sea. Looks like some possible cold building into eastern Canada after that.

mriceyman

Euro has hardly been king lately.. But it has sandy under its belt and thats all the masses remember

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Tin

In terms of small window tracks and landfall, the NAM has actually modeled tropical systems very well inside 48 hours. It was the only one that really got Hermine earlier this year and had Irene (dont remember what it had for Sandy). Obviously it is always over juiced so it is not the best for snowfall.