longest pair of boards you ever used?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

longest pair of boards you ever used?

just wondering what was the longest pair of skis you ever had. I was talking to the owner of a sporting goods store where i used to work and she got on my case for using 175's. She knows her shit and was telling me i should drop down to a 165 or less. Got me to thinking about this subject and how far we've come. I used a pair of 205 atomic ARCs for one season. The banana yellow ones. damn they were big AND ugly.

I still have a pair of Salomon F9 203cm.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

I have a pair of 210 K2 ELC in my shed but don't use them anymore have skied 224 DH boards

I skied on 203's in 2000. Last pair of non shaped kneissl (SP) I got them from a pro form deal.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    just wondering what was the longest pair of skis you ever had. I was talking to the owner of a sporting goods store where i used to work and she got on my case for using 175's. She knows her shit and was telling me i should drop down to a 165 or less. Got me to thinking about this subject and how far we've come. I used a pair of 205 atomic ARCs for one season. The banana yellow ones. damn they were big AND ugly.
    165 or less?

How much do you weigh?

If that's not too personal a question. Or answer.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    165 or less?

How much do you weigh?

If that's not too personal a question. Or answer.
    140-145.

from what i undestand, its common for people still to buy too long a ski. not that i have a clue as i'm not a gear head in any way shape or form.

207 K2 SLC Comps...

Bent them in a bump contest...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

205 cm Blizzards. The had the "turn control system" which was actually more dramatic sidecut than what was prevalent at the time (mid 90's). I skied these throughout my intermediate years. They were big and heavy and probably good to build skill. Once I got on my first pair of shaped skis (190 cm Dynastar Max Ones) around 1999, it seemed like I immediately jumped up a few notches in skill.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    140-145.

from what i undestand, its common for people still to buy too long a ski. not that i have a clue as i'm not a gear head in any way shape or form.
    Ooh, ok. I was assuming you were heavier. That makes sense. I'm in the 165 neighborhood and of all the demo's I've done I feel most comfortable on ~175 cm.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Spent alot of seasons on 205's. Several skis. I remember when I first got on 188's looking at them riding up the chair and thinking how short they looked, then came 177's and now 170's. I won't go shorter then that. I'm 5'8" and 190 lbs.
    People often work backward from a firm conclusion to find supporting facts, rather than letting evidence inform their views. ---

Thread Information