• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Google Suggestions" Tool Bar

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone get it? The last week or so it has been popping up on the bottom of my page and it is the most annoying thing in the world. I just turned it off for good. But it is so stupid.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I must have accidentally downloaded it. Every single page you opened would get a horizontal bar that would pop up about an inch high on the bottom of the page and show you images, pages, etc. that Google suggested I look at as well. Annoying as hell.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Related to Google Toolbar? I don't know how Google can claim "do no evil" after authoring and releasing that massive piece of crap/bloat/junk ware. All major browsers have Google search built right in now any ways. Could have been some other form of malware. That stuff often gets installed when you install "free" software. Check your Task Manager for something you don't recognize that is consuming a lot of resources.

Glenn

My beef with google this week: Gmail images don't load in IE and when I open a new tab...my curser is no longer in the search box....I have to mouse over and click it.