• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waldo World 8-23

powhunter

Met up with Grassi21 for a rip at Waldo State park. Really dig the place..Some nice twisting ST that flows real nice. The only thing that sucks is at the end of the ride we dumped out at the end of the fire road and had that long uphill back to the cars. Gonna ride it differently next week. and also look for the new trail that has started to be built. Did about 4 miles..Nice riding with ya Grassi!

Steveo

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

powhunter

Good to see Grassi on a bike again. Now I think I need to make my come back to mountain biking....

Plan on hitting it RAW next mon or tuesday...Maybe we can get the rest of the crew...Greg...2knees..GMcunni...o3jeff..Jonnypoach..Bvibert...and the rest of the C.L.I.T.S

Last edited:

Grassi21

I felt really good at some points... and really bad at others. Great to see pow and get some pedaling in. I really like what they did in extending the trail. Fun, fast and twisty after you get past the one respectable climb.

I won't be around this coming Mon or Tues but would be interested in the following week.

Grassi21

You guys missed all the new trails.

Love to rip it with someone who knows the new stuff...Let me know if ya can do a RAW mon or tues

steveo

I know the new stuff is on the right side of the fire road if you are heading towards the river... But I have yet to see the markers for the new stuff. How far along the fire road is the new trail head?

powhunter

I know the new stuff is on the right side of the fire road if you are heading towards the river... But I have yet to see the markers for the new stuff. How far along the fire road is the new trail head?

Is there a GPS track somewhere??

WoodCore

Is there a GPS track somewhere??

I rode all the new stuff a few weeks back including an unimproved section of trail on the north side of the fire road along the lake. Daffy Duck is the newest of the trails and is accessible from both the Waldo and Hunters trails. Here's the GPS from that ride and some video.

http://www.crankfire.com/gps/track/9978/wandering_around_waldo

Might be able to get out for a RAW early next week but I guess everything depends on what Irene decides to deal us this weekend.

Last edited: