• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2006-09-16, the Kinsmans... Make that Cannon MT

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
sorry to hear you guys couldn't find the basic-cascades trail head, but at least you got in a good hike up cannon. i hiked basin cascade a few years back and while i don't recall having any difficulty with the trail, i believe the woods around the trail head are very sparse thin woods, so the trail does not begin with a very clear entrance. i believe the trailhead is rather near to the basin itself, though there are two different lots, iirc.

kinsman ridge trail sounds just as bad as the last time i hiked it re: errosion, but the views from above the cliffs make it worth it!!! i can never decide if i like looking at lafayette from across the notch or whether i like standing on top of lafayette more. tis why i call the franconia notch my play ground.

the gliders are launched from franconia inn in franconia if you are ever interested in giving them a shot. i do a lot of hiking in the cannon area and always see the gliders up and about. looks like a fun way to spend some time!

skibum9995

We probably passed on the trail at some point. I was hiking solo with a white shirt and blue shorts. Most likely I was going down as you were heading up.