• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.J.Maxx - 11/12 season

o3jeff

Send me a picture of your Marker coat and I will let you know. I almost craved one of the Marker coats at TJ Maxx but I really didn't need one.

How much were the ones there?

Marker Helios
69164_440_PACIFIC_LG.jpg

SNOWPLAYERS11

I never thought about hitting up TJ Maxx or Marshalls for gear. Sounds better than breaking my bank with my college budget at the North Face store haha. I'll have to check it out this weekend!

gmcunni

stopped by local Maxx. many fleeces and some jackets. they had a couple of very nice Burton jackets. retail ~$300 for sale @ ~$110.

〽❄❅

So far nothing at the TJMarshalls around Philly. Well except for one size small Columbia Titanium ski jacket in white with two small accents (i think brown), up by the chest shoulder area.

〽❄❅

Finally found Ski Pants @ tj maxx in St. Davids/Villanova. A few Columbia's, one pair of Marker pants. Picked up a Cloudveil RPK Gore-tex pant for $180, hadn't planed to spend that much. They only had three of them, a M, L and XL. Has a small rubber thing on the leg that says recco, advanced rescue technology, like i see on the Marker Helios arm.
Ski wares have been weak, pathetic to no glove selection, no goggles, must be to early for this stuff. Oh and no Marker Helios just a non-gore-tex variation that looked nice only the neck line put the weight of the parka on my clavicle close to my neck, uncomfortable. Nice Mt. Hardware honey cone textured fleece but i already have to many of those things.
http://www.gravityfed.com/outdoorgear/outlet/Cloudveil-RPK-Pant---Mens.html

frapcap

I haven't seen anything amazing in Fall River or Dartmouth this year. Just some fleeces and a couple models of Columbia jackets. Wonder if they were stopped by the ski shop owners?

Black Phantom

I haven't seen anything amazing in Fall River or Dartmouth this year. Just some fleeces and a couple models of Columbia jackets. Wonder if they were stopped by the ski shop owners?

They did not do the large buy this season.

I would imagine that there is a lot less spare inventory available for bulk purchases. Mfrs just aren't running extra production. Same thing happened with Hard goods.

This is where good ski shops shine with solid purchasing and forecasting.

o3jeff

I haven't seen much in my local one. Just some Columbia jackets and fleeces, CB soft shells and a couple Marker jackets that I can't even find the model of online.

Think it is like everything else in the manufacturing industry, no one is making extras of anything in this economy so there were no overstocks to buy up this year.

BenedictGomez

I've been stalking the western New Jersey and Manhattan T.J. Maxx's for about 3 weeks now, similar to you guys, nothing to report. Just some Columbia jackets and some other lower-end jackets.

o3jeff

Heard a commercial this morning on the radio for a coat sale at TJ Maxx, didn't mention ski jackets, just fleece and other types.

Mildcat

Good deals found!

I scored a nice Marker insulated jacket at the Marshalls in Millbury today for $80. Also went to the TJ Maxx in Framingham and found some great deals. Along with the same Marker jackets they also had Marker Parkas, Marmot jackets, and Cloudviel RPK jackets for $199. I would have returned the Marker and bought the Cloudveil if they had my size. They only had large and XL. I was tempted to buy some Cloudveil softshell pants with Gore Tex for $180 but I don't really need them now. They also had some Marmot, Mt Hardware, and Orage fleeces and softshells.

My girlfriend was looking for a jacket too and the womens dept had an even better selection. She bought a really nice Marker technical shell for $130 but had a hard time deciding between that and a Cloudveil insulated jacket with Gore Windstopper for $180. They also had a Kastle jacket for well over $200, Marmot and cloudveil down liners for around $100, Orage, and some Mountain Hardware jackets.

This was the first TJ Maxx I've found with some Quality goods.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I scored a nice Marker insulated jacket at the Marshalls in Millbury today for $80. Also went to the TJ Maxx in Framingham and found some great deals. Along with the same Marker jackets they also had Marker Parkas, Marmot jackets, and Cloudviel RPK jackets for $199. I would have returned the Marker and bought the Cloudveil if they had my size. They only had large and XL. I was tempted to buy some Cloudveil softshell pants with Gore Tex for $180 but I don't really need them now. They also had some Marmot, Mt Hardware, and Orage fleeces and softshells.

My girlfriend was looking for a jacket too and the womens dept had an even better selection. She bought a really nice Marker technical shell for $130 but had a hard time deciding between that and a Cloudveil insulated jacket with Gore Windstopper for $180. They also had a Kastle jacket for well over $200, Marmot and cloudveil down liners for around $100, Orage, and some Mountain Hardware jackets.

Nice I just drove by the millbury mall if I had known I would've stopped in

gmcunni

disappointment @ newtown CT store.

quantity of stuff has increased but just more of the same stuff that doesn't interest me. they did have some pants marker or rossi which were decent but not what i was looking for.

〽❄❅

Cloudviel RPK jackets for $199. I would have returned the Marker and bought the Cloudveil if they had my size. They only had large and XL. I was tempted to buy some Cloudveil softshell pants with Gore Tex for $180 but I don't really need them now. They also had some Marmot, Mt Hardware, and Orage fleeces and softshells.

I didn't need the RPK pants either but figured they'd be good for warmer days, all my other pants are lined.
Found the Orage "kenny" base layer pant/light'ish weight fleece, not tight around knees and not baggy, had to snag them. Also picked up Mountain Hardwear Gravity Gore Windstopper gloves over the weekend.

o3jeff

disappointment @ newtown CT store.

quantity of stuff has increased but just more of the same stuff that doesn't interest me. they did have some pants marker or rossi which were decent but not what i was looking for.

This.

Stopped by the Southington store, had a lot of Coumbia fleeces, a couple Marmot soft shells and a Marker jacket or two and hardly any base layers. I wasn't expecting much since they didn't advertise it this year.

wa-loaf

TJMaxx in Northborough is the same. Some low end Marker jackets, assorted Columbia (some Titianium) and few Cloudveil RPK jackets. There were some ski pants, but I didn't look that close.