• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

north maine woods

octopus

camping trip near the katahdin iron works. small waterfall and swimming hole, awesome site until it started to hail and then rain nonstop.:roll:(first week of august,btw). anyways, heres a pic of next to the site we camped at, will get back here someday.

011-1.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat place that almost nobody knows about.
shhhh![/QUOTE

wow. you've been here? just another adventure, maybe i'll chat with you someday:cool:

10-4.
Deep, deep in the woods north of there. Gulf Hagas was a bit too crowded for me.
Where do you ski? Maybe we can drink a brew and tell lies sometime! :beer: But not on a powder day

:daffy:

octopus

abandoned trains, eagle lake is my northern limit so far. snowboard only,i'm sure we can bury the hatchet for adventure tales.:snow:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
abandoned trains, eagle lake is my northern limit so far. snowboard only,i'm sure we can bury the hatchet for adventure tales.:snow:

I thought about it, but figured it wasn't worth the long drive and hoof in just for two locomotives. I would definitely go if someone could fire them up. <insert pipe dream here> Instead, I just hung around with moose. (no jokes, please!)