Bike GPS/ Computer - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    bvibert summed up the Edge 500 well. Pretty much all the features of the 800 without the mapping capabilities. Mine has worked flawlessly and have enjoyed the option of uploading everything to garmin connect to keep track of my mileage, speed, etc. My unit has the heart rate monitor and cadence sensor but I haven't used the cadence sensor since I switched bikes a month ago or so. The accuracy of the Edge is pretty good but I still always carry my Garmin etrex VIsta Hcx which is a little bit more accurate (especially with elevation) and has mapping capability. Can't go wrong either way.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

  2. #12
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 that I bought for running back when I was thin enough to run. It is very generous with the "calories burned" when I use it on my bike. The calories must be calibrated for running even when in bike mode.....

  3. #13
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Quote Originally Posted by john1200c View Post
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 that I bought for running back when I was thin enough to run. It is very generous with the "calories burned" when I use it on my bike. The calories must be calibrated for running even when in bike mode.....
    I don't think the calories burned has anything to do with what type of exercise you're doing. AFAIK It's based on how hard your heart is working and a guesstimate on how fit you are based on your height and weight.
    Brian

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I don't think the calories burned has anything to do with what type of exercise you're doing. AFAIK It's based on how hard your heart is working and a guesstimate on how fit you are based on your height and weight.

    Thanks, based on my height and weight it is probably surprised that I am moving.....

  5. #15
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Quote Originally Posted by john1200c View Post
    Thanks, based on my height and weight it is probably surprised that I am moving.....
    I haven't used one in quite a while, but if I did it would probably think I burned a few thousand calories just from turning it on...
    Brian

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    springfield area Massachusetts
    Posts
    163

    Smartphone as well

    I use my android evo as well. I use my tracks and every trail, and the allsports from trible app. i have a relatively modern gps from garmin an oregon i think but find the thing so hard to use i no longer bother. Smart phone are so much easier and software wise more feature filled.
    My tracks users how do you attach photos?
    Altitude is not always correct either.

    There is no truth only coercion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:29 PM.