Foliage in New England - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    After this weekend, the only leaves left up here are brown ones on the white oaks and even 50% of those are down. Our winter views are back and the purple-brown hills in the distance are getting ready for snow.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Oddly, Sunday AM with the sun just coming up, at one spot on the side of the Riga Plateau north of Race Brook Falls trail, I got a nice picture of mostly oaks but the way the light was shining at 6:40 AM, the colors were pretty good. (From Route 41 on my bike)

If I can figure out how to paste the picture in here I will, if nat maybe I'll Email the picture to Greg to see if he can do it for me.
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    If I can figure out how to paste the picture in here I will, if nat maybe I'll Email the picture to Greg to see if he can do it for me.
    Start playing with the Gallery. Info here. Once you get the pic uploaded, it will show you the [IMG] code you need to post it in a thread.

As of this morning peak foliage was found around coastal Connecticut and on I-91 south of Rocky Hill. The hill tops around Middlefield are 90% bare and coventry is 75% - bare. The rain and wind from the storm on saturday stripped off alot of foliage.

Long Island is nearing peak color this week, with peak occuring this weekend.
    Last edited by loafer89; Oct 31, 2006 at 4:56 PM.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

The upper elevations in the Green Mountains north of Killington have fully lost their leaves and are snow-covered. The lower elevations have some oaks here and there but the western slopes got well stripped in the huge winds on Saturday.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Does this work? Dial up is slow, I'll add Race Brook Falls tonight or tomorrow

Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Does this work? Dial up is slow, I'll add Race Brook Falls tonight or tomorrow

Well done!

How about a few pictures from North Conway...

New Hampshire
    Eric checking out the roller and his line

Eric dropping into the first of many rollers on the trail

Chris hitting a drop

Chris on the log ride

From the top of Black Cap

One of the most beautiful views I have ever seen, not to mention the best biking I have ever done thus far.

Now looking back up at Black Cap from more than 600 feet below, you can see where the rolling ledge is where the above pictures were taken.

Now the view from the top of Cranmore was great too:

Those are interesting pics, not just for the folliage. I have never skied Cranmore, but I know the Conway area well. Thanks.

Thread Information