September spam-athon - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    How many new users do you get per day?
    I have a discussion group that grabs only about 10 per week. As you say, the innocent but non-specific comments or compliments get zapped by me right away in moderated acceptance mode.
    Not very many, probably around 3 per day, on average, right now.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think they are bots though. I think the initial registration is done manually. You'll notice some spammers make a few posts first to try to get under the radar. They will go in a thread and reply with something like "This is so interesting, thanks for posting it!" and then like 3 days later they explode in spam.

These far east IP's are done by actual people often getting paid fractions of a cent to join forums manually, because they can actually get by the spam blocker questions.
    I find this information very good to use! I will be sure to reference it as I journey through these forums on my quest for knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I find this information very good to use! I will be sure to reference it as I journey through these forums on my quest for knowledge!

Easy there buddy... my finger was hovering over the ban button for a minute...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

We don't call him spam man Glenn for nothing!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

I'm not the first one to have a solid message...only to be accused of spamming. I don't think I have to "Fuller" you all in on the "Sunny" details. I wouldn't want anyone to get bent and drive off a "(Wy)Cliff"

Thread Information