10 Great Trails

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Great Trails

Hybrid View

10 Great Trails

Here's a list of my favorite New England mountain biking trails.

http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/20...w-england.html

Have at it.

I'm gonna have to go check out some of your MA trails in the future. I did most of my riding as a kid in CT (Case Mountain, Manchester) was my #1 riding spot - primarily because it was the only good trails within riding distance
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I'd love to hear about some CT favorites as I have yet to do any mountain biking there (or RI). I'm planning on at least one trip down this Fall.

Locally I've only done a few spots -- Douglas State Forest (which is kinda flat for me) but there is some nice fireroad, and some decent singletrack off of that.

A couple other places aroun dhere. I've been working on finding a new bike for myself, (desparately needed!)
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I'm partial to a few of the trails at Nassahegon. The Dip, Halfpipe, and B52 are all super fast and have a ton of flow.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

I saw that Batchelor street and Robinson (Agawam) are on your hit list. Just let me know when and I will give you a tour. You also need to check out Millers Pond in CT and Lynn Woods in MA. Both are crazy technical!

Thanks Evil, I hope to take you up on that offer this Fall. I also need to hit Vietnam this Fall, given that it's been a while since I've ridden there. I'm sure at least one of the trails in there would qualify, but honestly I can't remember which was which.

As for Lynn Woods, I've been there. Granted it has been a couple years, but there's nothing I remember having the right combo of flow and technical challenge. Lynn definitely has a special place in East Coast riding though. I can easily say that Lynn is hands down the most technical of the places I have seen. Lots of riding on bedrock and maneuvering around, over and through boulders. Perhaps if I was a better rider I'd enjoy Lynn a lot more than I did. For now I'd recommend it to the experts, intermediates looking to learn how to ride hero lines, and noobs looking for a dose of humility.

And Wood, I'll be sure to check out Nassahegon when I get down to CT.

Quote Originally Posted by noreasterbackcountry View Post
    And Wood, I'll be sure to check out Nassahegon when I get down to CT.

Let me know when your down in the area......Rock star tour for you!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Nice list. Having ridden the VT stuff on there (and thanks for showing Maine some love by throwing Ginn in the mix) I wonder, if Webs is on the list, why not Kitchel? Granted, the riding through the trees on Webs is very cool, but Kitchel is (IMHO) more enjoyable all the way around. (again, not knocking Webs as I do look forward to it every time I ride KT) A very strong case could be made for Sidewinder as well. Tap and Die is definitely great as well.

I need to get down to Mass to check out some of the stuff you listed there as i have seen it mentioned countless other times.

If you like Nipmuc, you're gonna love the stuff we're building in Charlemont, probably ought to hit the Turner Trail in Pittsfield MA too. I'd say it belongs ahead of most of the KT stuff on your list. Much longer with a nice feel for the terrain of the mountain.

Really difficult to build a top 10 trail list, since there is so much variety on offer in New England. Mountain Biking in New England: enjoy what's close, but don't be afraid to explore a few hours away!

Happy Trails

Thread Information