• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wtf ?

legalskier

The pictures in this link are full of WTF win!

http://pinterest.com/martneen/awkward-family-photos/
186758715767150570_cOQP74Wo_b.jpg

84372192988626473_7CwO6aGz_b.jpg

Nice boots!
:spin:

legalskier

Verizon 'convenience fee' for online bill payment

Seriously, are they kidding?? Isn't the whole point of paying online with your card to save labor costs because no human has to lift a finger?
Man, this is the best thing since BoA's $5 debit card monthly fee.

Verizon Convenience Fee: Customers To Be Charged $2 For Paying Bill Online Via Credit Card
In a move that is sure to upset some customers, Verizon has announced on its website that it will start charging a $2 convenience fee "for customers who make single bill payments online or by telephone."... On its website, Verizon is encouraging its customers to choose one of seven alternative payment options to avoid incurring the fee -- those options include cash via mail ***

Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/verizon-convenience-fee_n_1174868.html

"Cash via mail"?!
:dunce:

gmcunni

Seriously, are they kidding?? Isn't the whole point of paying online with your card to save labor costs because no human has to lift a finger?
Man, this is the best thing since BoA's $5 debit card monthly fee.

Verizon Convenience Fee: Customers To Be Charged $2 For Paying Bill Online Via Credit Card
In a move that is sure to upset some customers, Verizon has announced on its website that it will start charging a $2 convenience fee "for customers who make single bill payments online or by telephone."... On its website, Verizon is encouraging its customers to choose one of seven alternative payment options to avoid incurring the fee -- those options include cash via mail ***

Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/verizon-convenience-fee_n_1174868.html

"Cash via mail"?!
:dunce:

just caught this on the evening news. glad i'm not a verizon customer, that's just lame.

vdk03

Ya verizon is expensive im thinking of going to t mobile in march when contact is up

ya i have been unhappy with verizon for a while now, our plan is up in a few months and I think we will be going elsewhere. Not only are they pricey , their customer service dept sucks IMHO. Time to start shopping around I guess.

ScottySkis

ya i have been unhappy with verizon for a while now, our plan is up in a few months and I think we will be going elsewhere. Not only are they pricey , their customer service dept sucks IMHO. Time to start shopping around I guess.

Yes customer service takes for ever

bvibert

Staff member
That fee is a dumb idea. I've been a Verizon customer for a long time though, and have been quite happy overall.

ScottySkis

The fee was to encourage people to set up auto-pay. They had no fee for auto-pay off your credit card.

Yes i agree it's coverage is great but prices is way high, idk if i will resign with them, i really need to start looking at other providers, just curious does anyone here know how t mobile is it mgm's of Ct and utah?

hammer

Just saw commercials on this...

Just what I want...for my insurance company to collect detailed data on my driving habits...

Sure hope this never becomes standard.

ctenidae

Just saw commercials on this...

Just what I want...for my insurance company to collect detailed data on my driving habits...

Sure hope this never becomes standard.

Interestingly, it seems they really only collect info on speed overall (not in relation to limits) and hard braking. I tend to drive fast on the highway, and only use brakes at thelast minute at stop signs. I'm pretty sure my rates would go up, even though I've never had an accident. I'm not braking hard to avoid an accident, I'm braking hard because I like my brakes and tires to feel needed.