• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fomba 9-17

powbmps

Decided to check out the FOMBA trails near Manchester, NH.

http://fomba.org/files/trail-map.pdf

Rode around for a few minutes by myself. Came back to the parking lot and got invited to an early Saturday morning prayer group/bike ride. Then I met up with noreasterbackcountry and a couple of his buddies. Rode Lady Slipper, Deer Run and Long Trail before I had to go.

Lots of short up/down with some rocky, more technical sections. No long uphill climbs, so no sustained downhill sections. Quite a few abrupt corners, with big rocks and roots in the middle that were tough to ride smoothly. Good group of guys and some perfect riding weather made for a great time though. Wish I was able to stay longer.

Here's a picture of nebc threading the needle at mach looney :wink:.

Last edited:

BackLoafRiver

Nice! I like the riding there....most of it has flow and it seems to have the perfect mix of technical (rocky, rooty, and short steep climbs) with buff and fast. From the track, it looks like you started Fireline.

How was Long Trail? We missed it last time I was there.

Did you get to the log roll on Red Pine??

powbmps

Nice! I like the riding there....most of it has flow and it seems to have the perfect mix of technical (rocky, rooty, and short steep climbs) with buff and fast. From the track, it looks like you started Fireline.

I started up Fireline, but wanted to get back to meet the other guys, so I didn't make it far.

How was Long Trail? We missed it last time I was there.

It seemed similar to the other trails I rode. Small up/down with rocks and roots to make it interesting.

Did you get to the log roll on Red Pine??

Unfortunately I had to head out, so I didn't get to ride Red Pine. The other guys might have.

I would like to get back there and ride the trails that I missed.

BackLoafRiver