• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the hot ski this year?

Geoff

Although, they're not new, with regards to women's skis, I like the Luv line from K2. If I see a good deal on a pair, I plan to get them for my wife.

My wife agrees with that. She's tried about a dozen skis over the last two seasons and likes the Lotta Luv best. Somehow, I always have to work on those midweek days when she's doing ski testing. I have no idea if other brands have launched competitive women's products. K2 pretty much owned the category last year.

snoseek

I think 4frnt is making a real solid ski with a decent price tag. Maybe less advertising involved with smaller companies.

NYDrew

Any reps here?

umm reps generally deal in person only.

anyway, I still stand by the Mutix being the hot ski with the Zenith (specifically the Z9 flagship) holding its own. Metrons, as much as I hate to admit it will be right there with the zenith series.

I am also expecting to see a push from Elan's fancy new skis. I think the Vokyl star series are going to loose a major foothold unless they consider some major redesign for more "all mountain" and backside tolerance. K2 and Dynastar will maintain their cult follwoing nitch with K2 beginning to take complete and total dominance of the womens market.

you heard it from me first.

highpeaksdrifter

While it is his job, I skiied them last March and loved them. Ordered a pair last week.

Did you ski them in both GS and SL mode? Could you feel a difference?

Actually, reps frequently post that they're reps. I merely asked if there are any here. If I need skis, I go to my mountain reps or the area rep.

I rep for Nordica at Whiteface. What's your mountain Saus?

highpeaksdrifter

Yes I did, and yes you could feel a difference. Skied them in a 165, but bought the 175.

If you are inclined to go into more detail I'd sure like to hear about it. For instance is it simple to switch the rods (or whatever you call them)?

Do they pretty much change the stiffness of the ski? rebound? Most Rossi's I've demoed I have found too damp for my liking, how are these?

I'm going to demo these for sure.

Hawkshot99

If you are inclined to go into more detail I'd sure like to hear about it. For instance is it simple to switch the rods (or whatever you call them)?

Do they pretty much change the stiffness of the ski? rebound? Most Rossi's I've demoed I have found too damp for my liking, how are these?

I'm going to demo these for sure.

I didnt change them personelly..they had 2 pairs there that we could demo. 1 long/1 short. But they change very easy. 1 screw in each arm, 4 arms per ski. Slip arm out, switch arm and put screws back in.

I dont really know how you would explain how it changes the ski, but when you are skiing there is a large difference in them.

For this(and all skiis) I would really recomend a demo.