• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Places You've Riden This Year

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I don't know of many trails in the Mooshead Region that allow bikes with exception of snowmobile and ATV trails. The AMC land around Little Lyford Pond allows riding but from what I experienced it was very wet and overgrown during summer. Logging roads are abundant in all directions. Even with a Delorme it can be confusing to follow the roads since new roads are continually being built and old ones overgrown. Wildlife is abundant in the region too. It isn't technical riding but you can cover some miles.
Blue Ridge just west of the airport and north of KI has some of best views. You are looking into Lily Bay mtns. directly across from eye of Elephant. Looking out to Kineo and Katahdin is in plain site.

abc

Well, looks like everyone is over at the ski forums complaining about no snow!

I went out and did a couple more new trails in December and January: Cunningham Park in Queens and East Setauket in Long Island.