• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sorry skiiers...

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Ya, but Killington's a bit pricy for me, especially since I'm still at the stage of renting equipment.

I heard this morning that the cold comes back Sunday and there are two precipitation events for next week. One can only hope...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Mike P. said:
Michael, they make enough snow at Killington to ski thru May so don't worry about them, Mad River Glen on the other hand....

No kidding... as I stated in the trail report, the snow last Mon/Tues helped a lot, but by Thursday, MRG had a lot of bare spots again. If they don't get a significant dumping of snow, they'll probably be closed in the next week or so... What a shame.
So far as I know, Killington is still making snow at night at times, which is why they're still open. If you sign up for their newsletter, they usually have a lot of good deals announced in them. Too far for a day-trip for me with the dog and all, but maybe next season we'll stay in the area and try them out. Any skiing is better than none, after all!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
MichaelJ said:
Ya, but Killington's a bit pricy for me, especially since I'm still at the stage of renting equipment.

Try checking out local ski shops for rental equipment. We found on our drive up to MRG last week (we took the long scenic route across Route 11 and then up Route 100 by many of the ski areas) that many of the local ski shops rented out equipment for as cheap as $15/day.
Sign up for their email newsletter as well as they advertise a lot of special rates in it.