is there a way....

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

is there a way....

1) To get to choose whether you want your mobile device to load the mobile or regular browser versions?

2) If not, is there a way to at least give the links to pictures and videos embedded within posts. This is, IMHO, the worst thing about this site. And, as I (and I am sure the general trend is in the same direction) do a substantial amount of browsing on my mobile, it is a huge detraction.

I thought I was the only one w/ this issue. I don't have one of them fancy iphones or a droid. I figure the mobile site works better on those, but what do I know? I do feel like I'm missing out sometimes but its better then no AZat all. Bummer Dude

I use Skyfire which allow it to load as a normal webpage on my iPad no other way.

What browser are you using?

In Android, you can go into your browser --> Menu button --> Settings --> uncheck "Mobile View".

If you haven't tried it yet I would highly recommend Tapatalk if you have an Android or iPhone. There is a free version that does not allow you to post but lets you browse the site. There is also a paid version ($3.99, I think) that lets you post as well. It renders the site much better and is way easier to use, IMO. Finger-friendly. Plus you can see all the images
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I use a BB Torch

Nick, there should be a way to to have a link that allows the user to chose between the mobile and full site regardless of what browser they're using. A lot of sites have that. You can switch from full to mobile here easily by changing the theme to Mobile, but it's not easy to change back (even on a desktop browser) without some trickery.
    Brian

Yeah I was just looking at the mobile site earlier to see if that link existed and I noticed it wasn't.

I can play around a bit to see if we can switch it out for the Mobile theme only. In the bottom-left corner there is a drop down on the main page, i.e. something like that. ...

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Nick, there should be a way to to have a link that allows the user to chose between the mobile and full site regardless of what browser they're using. A lot of sites have that.
    Exactly what I was thinking, Brian.

Marc - I put a link at the bottom. Can you try it now? It says, "Switch to classic view".

Damnit. it works on my laptop but not on my Verizon Android.

Hmm.... it's like forcing it to be mobile. I know there's a way around it, I just need to figure it out.

Thread Information