• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

06 Line Mothership Flite

dmo

Anyone ever try this ski? I may have a decent deal on it, but haven't ridden it.

For fairly comparable skis (and I know I'm being broad), I've tried the Volkl Karma, Head Mojo 90, Salomon Teneighty gun--all from last year--as well as Salomon Pocket Rockets, Atomic Sugar Daddys and Dynastar 8800s from the last few years.

Of those, I'd say the Mojo 90 was my favorite, but I'd have to say that each of those had something unique to offer and there wasn't one that I flat-out disliked.

Just looking to hear if anyone's ridden them. What your thoughts are. Description of flex. Do they get bounced around in crud? Hold an edge on the occasional groomer, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
I've heard they're pretty soft, but I haven't skied them personally so...

I have heard the same about Lines in general...very soft. Good for the park/pipe and OK for bumps, not so good in crud or hardpack. You'll never carve a turn with them.

dmo

Yeah, I'm worried that these may be a bit too soft for my liking. However, the construction on these is a bit burlier than Line's park/pipe offerings.

Bizarre. No one seems to have skied these. And yet, you see them on a lot of folks' feet out West.

Birdman829

Well if you have a really good deal, I say go for it. Worst case scenario is you hate 'em and flip 'em on eBay. Or maybe you'll love them and will be thrilled to get such a great ski at such a great price. The reward outweighs the risk for me if the price is right.

EDIT: are they wood core or foam?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I'm going to date myself here....but, when I read this thread...this is what I thought about..not skis:

Starchild, Citizens of the Universe, Recording Angels.
We have returned to claim the Pyramids.
Partying on the Mothership.
I am the Mothership Connection.

If you hear any noise
its just me and the boys,
Hit me,